Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Nine Patch Project >

Nine Patch Project

Nine Patch Project

Old 06-09-2010, 07:36 AM

I went thru the thread and found a couple I missed. Please everyone go thru the list at this link-

http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...jsp?gracnum=59

and make sure your name is there. Let me know if I missed you.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Pam

OK, I am new to this, have not done one of these before. What is the link for, other than to list the users? How will we use it? Is it only for Swan Song? So many questions.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:04 AM

I would like to join, but I don't have a lot of stash ... so I will need to purchase some material ... will go through the material I have FIRST before buying.

I have PMed you Swan Song to add me ... thanks :)

Robin
Old 06-09-2010, 08:44 AM

Pam I will be adding links to the pictures you post in the public section so you can see what everyone is up to without having to search this thread.

Robin, I have added you. We are now up to 43 happy 9 patch makers.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:47 AM

OK Swan SOng, put me in. I am cleaning out my sewing room as we speak. This will be fun. ALso I agree with extending the dates. If Imake two a day, I will have two Christmas gifts done. This is a challenge and I promise to dedicate myself to finishing with flying colors . Guess I had better keep some of my scrap packages for me. LOL. I could send out 20 and still have a scrap bag. I am not a hoarder...Iam not a hoarder....Is there a 12 step program for hoarders? LOL Happy quilting. The 15th is on my calendar to start. I am doing a disappearing 9 patch.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:53 AM

Great! I have added you. I am not a hoarder either...really...really!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Swan Song
HaHa wow I walk away from the comp for a couple hours and look what happened! This is great!

Remember there are NO quilt police. The only rules are make 1 nine patch a day from June 15 to August 15 and you use your stash to do it. (If you are a new quilter without a large stash and have to buy fabric don't break the bank.) Make more than 1 a day if you want, any size you want, any colors you want, set them any way you want and give them to whomever you want or keep it and cuddle into it this winter. Anything goes!
Thinking of using my odds and ends of Christmas fabric....
Old 06-09-2010, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Swan Song
Here is an interesting 9 patch. It would be a great way to use little scraps.
http://www.quiltpox.com/Patterns/BuildingBlocks/

That is a very interesting block. I like scrappy quilts and have decided to just cut 2 1/2 inch strips off of different fabrics to make it really scrappy. On June 2, I ordered a June Tailer Shape cut Pro to make it more efficent to cut strips, but alas, they were out of stock and as of today, still has not been shipped :cry:

That's one of the nice things about scrappy quilts. When I buy fabric, I just buy patterns and colors I like, with no project in mind. How's that for lazy quilting :lol: :lol:

Edited to add: I will not be able to post pictures. Last year I put my camara *somewhere safe* and ended up hiding it from myself.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:02 AM

When I shop I buy fabric for specific projects BUT then if something "speaks" to me or if it's on sale and too good to pass up I buy that also. Fabric "speaks" to me a lot.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
OK Swan SOng, put me in. I am cleaning out my sewing room as we speak. This will be fun. ALso I agree with extending the dates. If Imake two a day, I will have two Christmas gifts done. This is a challenge and I promise to dedicate myself to finishing with flying colors . Guess I had better keep some of my scrap packages for me. LOL. I could send out 20 and still have a scrap bag. I am not a hoarder...Iam not a hoarder....Is there a 12 step program for hoarders? LOL Happy quilting. The 15th is on my calendar to start. I am doing a disappearing 9 patch.
What's a disappearing 9-patch?