Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Patch Project

im a newbie sorta and my FW just came in the mail today! Yahoo, now i can start on my sashes that i've rec'd and hope to get more soon but as well get practice in with this easy pattern for me to do! So yes...count me in too!
    So Lets git the sew machine on GO and git busy fellow quilters!!! :) :D :thumbup:

Haha Sew-n-Sew you don't have to get off the computer until the 15th

Blog Entries
    Ooohhh, this sounds like fun!

Good Idea!! This is certainly doable for everyone. Wonder what is the most common size square for a 9 block.

Blog Entries
    cool idea, please contact admin to see if he can move this to the swap area so others will do this, sew in maybe they could make a thread named Sew In instead of swap

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    cool idea, please contact admin to see if he can move this to the swap area so others will do this, sew in maybe they could make a thread named Sew In instead of swap
    I don't want to swap; I just want to make a dent in my stash.

For those "tricky" people you could alternate your block sizes - just make sure they measure in multiples of 3" finished.
    Example: Some made with 2-1/2" squares (6" finished), some made with 3-1/2" squared (9" finished), and some with 4-1/2" squares (12" finished)
    Then set them with solid, embroidered, or applique blocks (also mixed sizes to fill in) and you would have a Sampler type.
    I think this would be a neat way to use up some UFBs or create a "theme" quilt (butterflies, turtles, christmas, fall leaves, whatever strikes)

Quote Originally Posted by Swan Song
    I will remind everyone. But if I forget someone remind me!
    Instructions for newbies?

I'm in, too, if I'm allowed to make them totally scrappy (oh, that's right, there are no quilt police here. LOL)

Blog Entries
    Ok I have a week to think about it . . .

or for you to twist my arm to start another project! :(

Can you feel me twisting? :) :) :) Come on you can do it, join us quiltinghere

Terryl....tell her girl!

Come on QH....you know you want to....

Hey..if i jumped in on it with what all lack of experience i have and do it with excitment :thumbup: then more of us can do it! Finch, do i see you on board?

I'm in also!!! I need to use a bunch of scraps!!! Will be fun...so we make one 9-patch a day for a month...any size, color or fabric...What will we do with other than enjoy a 9-patch quilt for ourselves or gift for family/friend?

Pam
    OK, I am in. My right hand is raised.

I, Pam the Procrastinator, do hereby pledge to do a nine patch for every day of the remainder of the Summer. I will faithfully check off each day as I make the block, some will be done ahead, some will be late, I am a realist. I vow to use scraps, NOT to cut into my stash! I will do my best to make them all different sizes to drive myself insane when it is time to put them together. Furthermore, I will use up those odd, not quite square half square triangles and other odd cuts. I will sew tiny pieces together to inspire others to say "What on Earth was she thinking"? I will fear no color, face yellow and purple and orange and turquoise and checks and stripes with a smile, or grimace, but I will sew them together. I will not quake in fear of the quilt police, for they live in me alone and I CAN have a glass of wine if I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam

I, Pam the Procrastinator, do hereby pledge to do a nine patch for every day of the remainder of the Summer. I will faithfully check off each day as I make the block, some will be done ahead, some will be late, I am a realist. I vow to use scraps, NOT to cut into my stash! I will do my best to make them all different sizes to drive myself insane when it is time to put them together. Furthermore, I will use up those odd, not quite square half square triangles and other odd cuts. I will sew tiny pieces together to inspire others to say "What on Earth was she thinking"? I will fear no color, face yellow and purple and orange and turquoise and checks and stripes with a smile, or grimace, but I will sew them together. I will not quake in fear of the quilt police, for they live in me alone and I CAN have a glass of wine if I need to.
    ROLFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana
    For those "tricky" people you could alternate your block sizes - just make sure they measure in multiples of 3" finished.
    Example: Some made with 2-1/2" squares (6" finished), some made with 3-1/2" squared (9" finished), and some with 4-1/2" squares (12" finished)
    Then set them with solid, embroidered, or applique blocks (also mixed sizes to fill in) and you would have a Sampler type.
    I think this would be a neat way to use up some UFBs or create a "theme" quilt (butterflies, turtles, christmas, fall leaves, whatever strikes)
    neat idea

OMG!!!! You read my mind!

Blog Entries
    ROFLMAO too - that's perfect!!! especially the wine part! We ARE adults after all.

Blog Entries
    Oh OH Oh I thought about it - I can work on the 3 1/2" 9Patch collection *I already have started* :)

If I really wanted to cheat - I could have kept the above sentence a secret and just posted a picture every day of a *new* 9patch from the collection - but I'm honest.

Thanks for starting the NPP.

Blog Entries
    Hmmm , I think I could handle this as well... not a must complete if something comes up a day or two! yes I will try this too. :)

Sounds like fun, i am in, watch out scrap bin here i come!

See what you started Swan Song! Way to boost our morale and save our pennies!

Scrap piles all over will be reduced....gifts and decor will be made without spending a lot of money......charities will receive a little extra!

This might just be an Economy Recovery Plan!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana

This might just be an Economy Recovery Plan!
    Teach those fabric companies to raise prices on us quilters :lol: :lol:

Count me in too. Need to use up some of those scraps I've been saving. Thank God this is a scrappy quilt.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast