Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 677

Thread: Nine Patch Project

  1. #26
    Super Member nwm50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,389
    im a newbie sorta and my FW just came in the mail today! Yahoo, now i can start on my sashes that i've rec'd and hope to get more soon but as well get practice in with this easy pattern for me to do! So yes...count me in too!
    So Lets git the sew machine on GO and git busy fellow quilters!!! :) :D :thumbup:

  2. #27
    Senior Member Swan Song's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    405
    Haha Sew-n-Sew you don't have to get off the computer until the 15th

  3. #28
    Super Member Melinda in Tulsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,493
    Blog Entries
    62
    Ooohhh, this sounds like fun!

  4. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Greenville, Alabama
    Posts
    593
    Good Idea!! This is certainly doable for everyone. Wonder what is the most common size square for a 9 block.

  5. #30
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,663
    Blog Entries
    194
    cool idea, please contact admin to see if he can move this to the swap area so others will do this, sew in maybe they could make a thread named Sew In instead of swap

  6. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Keene, New Hampshire
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    cool idea, please contact admin to see if he can move this to the swap area so others will do this, sew in maybe they could make a thread named Sew In instead of swap
    I don't want to swap; I just want to make a dent in my stash.

  7. #32
    Super Member Dragonfly Nana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    inland part of Virginia Beach
    Posts
    2,715
    For those "tricky" people you could alternate your block sizes - just make sure they measure in multiples of 3" finished.
    Example: Some made with 2-1/2" squares (6" finished), some made with 3-1/2" squared (9" finished), and some with 4-1/2" squares (12" finished)
    Then set them with solid, embroidered, or applique blocks (also mixed sizes to fill in) and you would have a Sampler type.
    I think this would be a neat way to use up some UFBs or create a "theme" quilt (butterflies, turtles, christmas, fall leaves, whatever strikes)

  8. #33

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Swan Song
    I will remind everyone. But if I forget someone remind me!
    Instructions for newbies?

    I'm in, too, if I'm allowed to make them totally scrappy (oh, that's right, there are no quilt police here. LOL)

  9. #34
    Super Member quiltinghere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Longarm Quilter NW Indiana
    Posts
    3,483
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ok I have a week to think about it . . .

    or for you to twist my arm to start another project! :(

  10. #35
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ft. Myers, Florida
    Posts
    1,021
    Can you feel me twisting? :) :) :) Come on you can do it, join us quiltinghere

  11. #36
    Super Member nwm50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,389
    Terryl....tell her girl!

  12. #37
    Super Member Dragonfly Nana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    inland part of Virginia Beach
    Posts
    2,715
    Come on QH....you know you want to....

  13. #38
    Super Member nwm50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,389
    Hey..if i jumped in on it with what all lack of experience i have and do it with excitment :thumbup: then more of us can do it! Finch, do i see you on board?

  14. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arkansas by way of Mississippi
    Posts
    392
    I'm in also!!! I need to use a bunch of scraps!!! Will be fun...so we make one 9-patch a day for a month...any size, color or fabric...What will we do with other than enjoy a 9-patch quilt for ourselves or gift for family/friend?

  15. #40
    Pam
    Pam is offline
    Super Member Pam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    3,713
    OK, I am in. My right hand is raised.

    I, Pam the Procrastinator, do hereby pledge to do a nine patch for every day of the remainder of the Summer. I will faithfully check off each day as I make the block, some will be done ahead, some will be late, I am a realist. I vow to use scraps, NOT to cut into my stash! I will do my best to make them all different sizes to drive myself insane when it is time to put them together. Furthermore, I will use up those odd, not quite square half square triangles and other odd cuts. I will sew tiny pieces together to inspire others to say "What on Earth was she thinking"? I will fear no color, face yellow and purple and orange and turquoise and checks and stripes with a smile, or grimace, but I will sew them together. I will not quake in fear of the quilt police, for they live in me alone and I CAN have a glass of wine if I need to.

  16. #41
    Super Member sewcrafty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    OK, I am in. My right hand is raised.

    I, Pam the Procrastinator, do hereby pledge to do a nine patch for every day of the remainder of the Summer. I will faithfully check off each day as I make the block, some will be done ahead, some will be late, I am a realist. I vow to use scraps, NOT to cut into my stash! I will do my best to make them all different sizes to drive myself insane when it is time to put them together. Furthermore, I will use up those odd, not quite square half square triangles and other odd cuts. I will sew tiny pieces together to inspire others to say "What on Earth was she thinking"? I will fear no color, face yellow and purple and orange and turquoise and checks and stripes with a smile, or grimace, but I will sew them together. I will not quake in fear of the quilt police, for they live in me alone and I CAN have a glass of wine if I need to.
    ROLFLMAO!!!!!!!!

  17. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Keene, New Hampshire
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana
    For those "tricky" people you could alternate your block sizes - just make sure they measure in multiples of 3" finished.
    Example: Some made with 2-1/2" squares (6" finished), some made with 3-1/2" squared (9" finished), and some with 4-1/2" squares (12" finished)
    Then set them with solid, embroidered, or applique blocks (also mixed sizes to fill in) and you would have a Sampler type.
    I think this would be a neat way to use up some UFBs or create a "theme" quilt (butterflies, turtles, christmas, fall leaves, whatever strikes)
    neat idea

  18. #43
    Super Member Dragonfly Nana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    inland part of Virginia Beach
    Posts
    2,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    OK, I am in. My right hand is raised.

    I, Pam the Procrastinator, do hereby pledge to do a nine patch for every day of the remainder of the Summer. I will faithfully check off each day as I make the block, some will be done ahead, some will be late, I am a realist. I vow to use scraps, NOT to cut into my stash! I will do my best to make them all different sizes to drive myself insane when it is time to put them together. Furthermore, I will use up those odd, not quite square half square triangles and other odd cuts. I will sew tiny pieces together to inspire others to say "What on Earth was she thinking"? I will fear no color, face yellow and purple and orange and turquoise and checks and stripes with a smile, or grimace, but I will sew them together. I will not quake in fear of the quilt police, for they live in me alone and I CAN have a glass of wine if I need to.
    OMG!!!! You read my mind!

  19. #44
    Super Member quiltinghere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Longarm Quilter NW Indiana
    Posts
    3,483
    Blog Entries
    1
    ROFLMAO too - that's perfect!!! especially the wine part! We ARE adults after all.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    OK, I am in. My right hand is raised.

    I, Pam the Procrastinator, do hereby pledge to do a nine patch for every day of the remainder of the Summer. I will faithfully check off each day as I make the block, some will be done ahead, some will be late, I am a realist. I vow to use scraps, NOT to cut into my stash! I will do my best to make them all different sizes to drive myself insane when it is time to put them together. Furthermore, I will use up those odd, not quite square half square triangles and other odd cuts. I will sew tiny pieces together to inspire others to say "What on Earth was she thinking"? I will fear no color, face yellow and purple and orange and turquoise and checks and stripes with a smile, or grimace, but I will sew them together. I will not quake in fear of the quilt police, for they live in me alone and I CAN have a glass of wine if I need to.

  20. #45
    Super Member quiltinghere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Longarm Quilter NW Indiana
    Posts
    3,483
    Blog Entries
    1
    Oh OH Oh I thought about it - I can work on the 3 1/2" 9Patch collection *I already have started* :)

    If I really wanted to cheat - I could have kept the above sentence a secret and just posted a picture every day of a *new* 9patch from the collection - but I'm honest.

    Thanks for starting the NPP.

  21. #46
    Super Member roseOfsharon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,501
    Blog Entries
    3
    Hmmm , I think I could handle this as well... not a must complete if something comes up a day or two! yes I will try this too. :)

  22. #47
    Super Member thequilterslink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NW PA
    Posts
    2,682
    Sounds like fun, i am in, watch out scrap bin here i come!

  23. #48
    Super Member Dragonfly Nana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    inland part of Virginia Beach
    Posts
    2,715
    See what you started Swan Song! Way to boost our morale and save our pennies!

    Scrap piles all over will be reduced....gifts and decor will be made without spending a lot of money......charities will receive a little extra!

    This might just be an Economy Recovery Plan!

  24. #49
    Super Member JudyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wickenburg AZ
    Posts
    2,853
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana

    This might just be an Economy Recovery Plan!
    Teach those fabric companies to raise prices on us quilters :lol: :lol:

  25. #50
    Senior Member shaysmema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hammond, La
    Posts
    408
    Count me in too. Need to use up some of those scraps I've been saving. Thank God this is a scrappy quilt.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.