Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Nine Patch Project >

Nine Patch Project

Nine Patch Project

Old 06-21-2010, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
I finished 24 patches from 2-1/2" squares today and am working on some 1-1/2" squares, so I am in good shape for awhile. I have to confess I am going to have some help with whatever this is going to be. My friend who has MS wants to make a quilt for her grandson but has no use of her legs. I took down one of my machines that she can sew with using the start/stop button. I thought it would be good for her to practice sewing with it before she tries working on the blocks for the quilt she wants to make, so I took down a bunch of 3-1/2" squares so she can make some 9 patches with them for me and get in some practice on the machine. She's have some fun getting to do something that she normally would be able to do. Isn't technology wonderful?
Bless your heart for helping your friend [HUGS}
Old 06-21-2010, 03:34 PM

Judy, that's wonderful that your friend can now quilt. You are a great friend to lend her your machine. I have met some of the most caring, giving people on this board. You are all a special group! :-)
Old 06-21-2010, 04:37 PM

I have been doing my patches every day but I just had to try the dp9p after watching one of the totorials that made it look so fun! My patches look pritty plain right now But I am going to add some more colors later.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-88774.jpe   attachment-88776.jpe  
Old 06-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Gr8Gr8 Gran Quilter
Originally Posted by JudyG
I finished 24 patches from 2-1/2" squares today and am working on some 1-1/2" squares, so I am in good shape for awhile. I have to confess I am going to have some help with whatever this is going to be. My friend who has MS wants to make a quilt for her grandson but has no use of her legs. I took down one of my machines that she can sew with using the start/stop button. I thought it would be good for her to practice sewing with it before she tries working on the blocks for the quilt she wants to make, so I took down a bunch of 3-1/2" squares so she can make some 9 patches with them for me and get in some practice on the machine. She's have some fun getting to do something that she normally would be able to do. Isn't technology wonderful?
Bless your heart for helping your friend [HUGS}
What a wonderful gift to a friend!
Old 06-22-2010, 07:10 AM

I am getting a late start, can't decide what size, what color? need to check out the stash.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:10 AM

Here are my first set of 9P blocks. There are thirteen 3 1/2 inch in all. The second picture is what I did with them. The finished table topper or wall hanging top is 25 1/2 inches square. I used 1 1/2 inch strips and 2 1/2 inch strips. The beige print blocks are 3 1/2 inches. I specifically used these dimensions because most of us save scraps that size. This topper goes together very quickly and easily. I did take pictures thru the process in case some of you are interested in a tute.

13 9P blocks, just add some more scraps and...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]88457[/ATTACH]

Voila a table topper!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]88458[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-88452.jpe   attachment-88453.jpe  
Old 06-22-2010, 11:23 AM

Beautiful tabletopper Swan Song.

I still don't know what to do with mine. They are Christmas fabrics and I made them three different sizes. Have to start thinking real soon how to put them together. Until then, I just keep making more blocks.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:29 AM

I pulled out Christmas fabric to start with, will have to see how many I can get out of what I pulled.
I'll post pictures as soon as I find my camera.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:31 AM

Nice work, Swan Song. It's a great inspiration to the rest of us.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:38 AM

When I went thru my stash I found a lot (and I mean a lot! Must have been a good deal on it or my "sometimers" kicked in and I forgot I had some.) of this Tamarack Grove fabric along with several panels, Tamarack Grove and Christmas at Snowshoe Lodge. I bought Missouri Star's "Deal of the Day" North Woods Botanical charm pack because I thought it would coordinate well with the Tamarack Grove stuff I had for table toppers for gifts this year. I also bought a couple North Woods panels because I thought I might not have enough! That will teach me to look first! :roll: I have so much of this now that I am determined to use up. So you will be seeing a lot of this fabric! I may get bored with it and switch off to something else just for a break. :lol: