Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Nine Patch Project >

Nine Patch Project

Nine Patch Project

Old 08-24-2010, 08:14 AM

I will be using the lime green and black blocks, with another block for this quilt, I decided to use only what I had on hand so mixing up the green batiks, and also mixing up the other color too, LOL will post picture of the other blocks when I finished them.
thank you all, I like working with black, and even hand quilting on it does not bother me as the needle is sliver against the black so I know where my stitches go.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
I feel for those who don't have their own sewing area. I've been really lucky that most of my life I've had a spare room to sew in. In my last home, I used the formal living room/dining room to sew in. It was huge! Now I have the largest bedroom (upstairs) to sew in. I would have liked to have the den, but DH claimed it for his man cave.

My oldest daughter got a sewing machine for Christmas last year from her SO. She has taken a spare bedroom and made it her sewing area. (no kids)

One day, we shall all be empty nesters and have our very own sewing space! (I love being an empty nester!)
I agree, Melinda!!! I have also had my own space, with the exception of the first year with my current DH. We were renting, no space, so it was a kitchen table deal...clear everything away before dinner. :(

My DSD is off to college next week. She lives with her mom, but has had a room with us as well. She took everything she wanted on the weekend, so now I am thinking I will move into that room for sewing as it is a little bigger than what I have now, plus it has two windows, so lots more light.

Patti
Old 08-24-2010, 09:33 AM

No sewing room here either. :cry: Someday I guess. I still have 2 (18 and 21) at home and I am not sure they will ever leave. :roll: Of the 4 I have 1 independant, 1 who is finally independant but was a boomerang for quite awhile and then the 2 still here. I have a corner of the livingroom. My cutting table seems to be everyone's drop point. :x I have to clean it before I use it all the time. Oh to have a place of my own!
Old 08-27-2010, 02:35 PM

My husband jokes he has a chair in front of the TV and I have the rest of the house:)
Old 08-27-2010, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
My husband jokes he has a chair in front of the TV and I have the rest of the house:)
This sounds familiar. My husband says the same thing.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Baba71
Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?!?!?!!? LOL

Patti
Old 08-27-2010, 04:17 PM

I think it is perfect that way. HEE HEE
Originally Posted by Pzazz
Originally Posted by Baba71
Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?!?!?!!? LOL

Patti
Old 08-30-2010, 09:47 AM

Hope I didn't post these already :oops:

These went on a beach towel for my son returning from Iraq on Friday:)
Interesting!
I was given a bunch of fleece and reduced it to four blankets for a VA project, and 22 blankies for Operation Stork.
One of my friends took all those cut blankets and put binding around all the edges.
Since all of the fleece was one color, my friend finally got tired of their being so plain ... I insisted that every binding had to be different, so that if two veterans or their babies end up in the same place, someone will always be able to tell them apart, even if they are the same color, the binding is different.
She finally started cutting up novelty fabric and sewed a "picture" in one corner of the blankie for the babies.
As it happened, the next time I went to the Workday at the Post, someone had gifted me with TWENTY! 50"x60" micro fleece blankets ... well! They are going to one VA facility, so as soon as my back gets healed up, I am going to use your example as how to make each blanket different ... won't that just make the wards a more colorful place???
Thank you for the idea! <wave>
Old 08-30-2010, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by ScrapQuilter
Hello everyone....... here is an update on my 9 patch project.
93 of the little 5" blocks done....... almost there :D :D

Was thinking of adding a3" border the alternate with nine patch
and pinwheels and then another 3" border then finnish with a scrappy binding.... What do you think??? any other ideas???
:thumbup: :thumbdown:
Good show!<wave>
Old 08-30-2010, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by quilt queen 2
Guess what I found out I made the easy pinwheel tute it worked so well so then I tried something else
Thank you for the "How To" Photos, and aren't you just soooo clever! Good job!<wave>