Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: no more chasing foot control.

Banned
    I found a remedy for always having to chase my foot control ! I found these round gripper pads at the dollar tree store . 4 to a pack for $1.00 . They work great !!! Exact size for my foot control . Will not slip on carpeting , I didn't try them on a bare floor . Annie

gripper pad on foot control
    Name:  Attachment-34546.jpe
Views: 41
Size:  30.9 KB

gripper pad
    Name:  Attachment-34547.jpe
Views: 43
Size:  43.9 KB

Good idea :!: I chase my foot control all over the hardwood floor :evil: And ~ I have some of this stuff left over from lining my camper shelves. Now - where did I put it? :shock: :shock:

Piedmont Quilter
    Rebecca

Banned
    Well I hope you find them . They work great ! Annie

Thanks for the great tip!

I too chase my foot control, I have some of that somewhere . thanks for the tip!

I moved to a home with laminate floors and when unpacking found a scrap from shelf lining and it works very well. Great tip.

That's a great idea! I'm tired of chasing too, so I'm going to look for these.

How clever! I must get some! There goes my right leg exercise! :roll: :roll:

That's a great idea!

Thanks for the great idea at first I thought I was the only one. :lol: But it turns out this is a problem for many of us.

Izy
    I use a 12" of the same type of stuff, but I still manage to push it across it, so just the other day I had the brainwave to put a bit of sticky stuff, what you use for posters along the bottom edge of the foot, it hasn't moved once now.

Also I have a 2" x 2" X 6" length of wood directly infront of my foot control, as I have alot of problems with my ankle and my leg was aching dreadfully as I suspended my foot inbetween stitches, such as when you are doing applique around small curves, stopping and starting. So now I can rest my heel on the wood and just use my toes on the foot pedal...no more pain!! :wink:

I found them! Hey, for once they were right where I thought they were :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    Yes, they slip on hardwood flooring. Has anyone used a knee control? I have one with my Pfaff and after 3 years, have still not used it. Hmmm?
    Loretta ~ One of the first machines I ever had, at about 11 - 12 years old, was my grandmother's old Brother machine. It had knee control only. To be honest, I could control speed with it better than I can with foot pedal. If the machine I am using now had one, I definatley would set up to use :thumbup: Give it a try and see if it's for you ~ if not, you can always go back to the foot pedal.

Piedmont Quilter
    Rebecca

Power Poster
    I had a knee control with my old Bernina. It NEVER slipped on the floor.
    :-)

My Singer Touch and Sew had a knee control. That one needs a cleaning REALLY bad. Hasn't been used in years.

My Kenmore has the foot

What a great tip!! Thanks!!

One of my mother's early sewing machines came in a cabinet specifically made for the machine. I believe it was a singer 1950's model. It had a knee control, too. The knee control was just a lever, which when used controlled a foot control mounted on it's side within the cabinet. The foot control could be removed and used as a foot control on the floor, also.

I'm sure it would work FABULOUSLY on hard floors. I'm constantly chasing my foot pedal around. I have sheets of the stuff --- somewhere :? ... need to find it....

Quote Originally Posted by reneebobby
    Thanks for the great idea at first I thought I was the only one. :lol: But it turns out this is a problem for many of us.
    I thought I was the only one too! Great idea for fixing the problem.

I wish I could find a knee control for my Pfaff.....I sewed for years in a factory using a pfaff machine with a knee control and I loved it!. But that was an industrial machine....I didnt know you could get them for domestic machines!

Karen xx

Blog Entries
    My old Singer in cabinet has a place to put the foot control to make it a knee controller. I like it much better than using the foot control. I bought one of the Sta Put mats for the foot controls and it works great. If you have carpet put industrial velcro hook tape on the bottom of the control. It won't go anywhere. I have to use two hands to pull it from the carpet. :D

Thanks for the great tip. I need to try that. My dad gave me a strip of the stuff you use under rugs so they won't slip. I put it under my machine because it would slip on my table when I was trying to quilt. It worked great. No more slipping.

Loretta, the knee control is easier to use than the foot control because it stays put! I don't have one set up for my current machine, but I sew on an older model sometimes and I LOVE it! I am considering getting aconvertor set up for my current machine and cabinet. I have a thingy for my foot pedal, but I still chase it around on the carpet. I have tried other remedies, but I find them wanting. The knee control is always right there! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by stitchinMamaw
    I found a remedy for always having to chase my foot control ! I found these round gripper pads at the dollar tree store . 4 to a pack for $1.00 . They work great !!! Exact size for my foot control . Will not slip on carpeting , I didn't try them on a bare floor . Annie
    Good idea, StitchinMamaw. I've been using a square of the cupboard liner that someone else mentioned. I went to a class and the instructor said these gripper things work great when you are machine quilting. Use the grippers instead of or if you don't have the gripper quilting gloves...I paid $9.50 for my quilting gloves.....4/ $1.00 grippers seems like a pretty good substitute to me. Thanks for sharing.

~Sigh~.....I have that and my foot control still tries to dance w/me! And, I have a cross bar that it sneaks under and keeps my machine running a few extra stitches before I realize where it went! I am on a slick concrete floor...thus is prob my problem...but, today...I am going for the hot glue gun and will zap the bottom to see if that will fix my problem:)I've had it!LOL Skeat

Blog Entries
    Thanks this is a great idea!....a mouse pad will work well too if you have an extra one of those laying around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast