Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
No Santa for me! >

No Santa for me!

No Santa for me!

Old 12-11-2010, 05:54 PM

Aren't we a pitiful lot? We would get little sympathy from most people! I try to justify my obsessive purchasing of fabric by telling myself a good portion of it goes into charity quilts. Does that help?
Old 12-11-2010, 06:20 PM

Yeah my doctor put me on that Nuvigil medicine too, it's one of those euphoric type drugs that keeps you wide awake and running around like your hair's on fire. It also gives me headaches, so I got her to bump up my CPAP machine instead, so now I'm sleeping better, and don't have to use the Nuvigil but once in a blue moon, when I want to stay up half the night quilting. :XD:
Old 12-11-2010, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by SuziC
I have been very Bad! I went online this morning and browsed the sale at Fabric.com....An hour later i checked out with a 37.00 total after the coupon code and got Free shipping. So i now have over 10 yds of fabric coming and i have no idea what i am going to do with it yet. Santa will be SO MAD! I keep telling myself..."no more fabric" I have absolutely NOOOOOOOO willpower. I think i need to have DH take away my laptop for a few months. I hope i am not the only one with this "illness"
I am starting to scare myself. Any advise on how to stop being so compulsive?????????
Only 10 yards? I have said no more fabric and brought home another 60 yards.. so dont feel bad. To justify this I am making throws and baby quilts to donate to different groups as soon as my 8 Christmas gifts are done being stitched this weekend..
Old 12-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Jim

I like to feel the fabric...so buying online isn't something tempting..but I do like to see so I can look for it in the fabric shops my wife and I frequent...thanks for the new links...lol
Old 12-11-2010, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by MrsM
I have started to delete the fabric shops e-mails before I can read them.
Me too. Works quite well.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:12 PM

YES -- and I'm still sewing and buying - day in and day out! Help -- I need a break from it soon!
Old 12-11-2010, 07:13 PM

Suzi - where are you in upstate NY? I'm here too!
Old 12-11-2010, 07:17 PM

Go ahead and place that order. But I think I am going to try the revisit all the fabric I have and see if there is inspiration in there. I do think fabric is an adiction but there are worse ones out there. So, I just keep sewing.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:26 PM

So far I haven't bought any fabric on-line but do go and look quite often,I'm a little afraid that once I start I won't be able to stop.
The LQS I go to is in the same town my daughter and grandkids live in I go see them every Tuesday which is the same day the shop has everything 10% off,but the last 3 weeks I've had to force myself to stay away from shop if I want to get Christmas for anyone besides myself,I am starting to feel some withdrawls tho,lol,hope I can make it past the hloidays and maybe catch the end of year sales and my b-day is in January,so I may have to buy my own gift then,yeaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 08:08 PM

We have discovered a new plague that hits only on quilters. It is spread by touching the keys of our computers and transmitted by electrical impulses going through a plague carrier called "Quilting Board" and to date, in spite of intense attention by husbands and family members, no cure has yet been found.

Research continues all around the world, and a group of husbands have also been complaining that for some reason, every time their wives leave the house, or sit down at a computer, the numbers on their credit cards become worn down with use. This is known as a side effect of this plague.

More information will be forthcoming when new evidence is
found on how fast this disease spreads. Caution is advised, since anyone can be injured when warning quilters of this disease, either by foul language or hand instruments with long, sharp points or round weapons with razor sharp edges.