Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
No sewing for me today or maybe tomorrow... >

No sewing for me today or maybe tomorrow...

No sewing for me today or maybe tomorrow...

Old 06-05-2022, 08:37 AM

Default No sewing for me today or maybe tomorrow...

Dh found a chrome shelving unit by homeowner's drive way saying FREE on his daily walk. Got in the car, took the unit apart, brought it home. Measures 42*18 or so with 3 shelves. Had to move stuff around but now have 3 sets shelving units. Will take me the better part of today and probably tomorrow to resort my fab. Will be so lmuch easier to shop my stash. I am so excited!!
Old 06-05-2022, 08:42 AM

What a nice discovery on his walk! Those shelving units are not cheap and so good the homeowner left a note wanting to share with someone else. I am glad it was still there when he got back. Have fun!
Old 06-05-2022, 08:47 AM

It's so great to find a free item that you can use. I love putting things out with "free" signs on them & see the joy that others get in receiving them.
Glad your DH looks for things like that for you. It's not in my DH's DNA to pick up things that others don't want let alone look for things that I might want.
Happy for you!
Old 06-05-2022, 09:04 AM

Error with the shelving units. I should have made the lowest shelf high enough to slide tubs fpr extra storage. Oh well. I'll jut have to make do...lol
Old 06-05-2022, 10:24 AM

OMG>>>DH did it! Rained the lower shelf so the tubs fit underneath. I'VE GOT A THRIRD SHELF. Woiuld someone please pinch me so I know I'm not ldreaming!!!
Old 06-05-2022, 01:54 PM

Hip-Hip Hooray for your DH. Sounds like he might need some baked cookies for his find & fix!!

Last edited by osewme; 06-05-2022 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-05-2022, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
It's so great to find a free item that you can use. I love putting things out with "free" signs on them & see the joy that others get in receiving them.
Glad your DH looks for things like that for you. It's not in my DH's DNA to pick up things that others don't want let alone look for things that I might want.
Happy for you!
Osewme, are we married to the same man? My husband would never do that. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Great find, Julie. Congrats!
Old 06-05-2022, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

Great find, enjoy!
Old 06-05-2022, 08:13 PM

Great find! No sewing for me this week. Our son is coming over to help with a few things around the house. New light fixtures in the kitchen.Re-roofing the garden shed, filling the moonscapes (holes) in all the pens. Putting a window in our front door and sweeping off all the roofs (house and 2 sheds)
Old 06-06-2022, 04:47 AM

Lucky you!!!! It's amazing what folks will toss out by the curb. I found a perfectly useable wash tub on legs like those you see next to your washer. Brought it home, cleaned it up, make a top for it so when I wasn't using it, I could cover it to keep debri out of it. Used it outside as my plant repotting station. Hooked up a water hose to it as the faucet came with it. Used it for years until I moved from Florida to Iowa. Didn't bother to bring it with me but now I wished I had.

I'm always finding things in my garage that I can use in my sewing room........metal "L" rulers, magnetic strips that hold screwdrivers, and just recently picked up a couple of windshield sun covers to put over my quilt frame when not in use to keep my cats from jumping on it. Has worked so far.