Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
No sewing today >

No sewing today

No sewing today

Old 12-16-2020, 05:38 AM

Talking No sewing today

Birthday dinner tomorrow night so adult kids are coming over. JUST IN CASE they venture into my sewing and/or fabric room I better tidy up big time.

So turn off the TV. Turn on the concerts. Have baggies for Just in Case. Wonder what wonderful treasures will surface. Could it be an early Christmas gift to me? (Doubt it,)

I read someplace a long time ago that housekeeping people clean rooms in a circle. Start at the door and go either left or right. I tried that when I entered my sewing room and just got dizzy. Turned round and round and round.

I'll sew tomorrow. Hmmm...maybe I should give DH my sewing machine power cord so I can stay focused? Updates noon MST.
Old 12-16-2020, 05:47 AM
Power Poster

Straighten but don’t clean too much. The last time I did a massive clean I put things away I still haven’t found.😂
Old 12-16-2020, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

Amazing how much better things look if they are just stacked neatly
Old 12-16-2020, 06:15 AM
Power Poster

Julie, you always make me laugh!
If anyone even tries to go in my sewing room I'll kill them hahaha
Old 12-16-2020, 06:31 AM
Power Poster

I just shut the door on my sewing room!
Old 12-16-2020, 06:42 AM
Power Poster

Funny you should mention this. Yesterday I finished all the christmas sewing I had to do this year and thought I would treat myself to hand sewing a Reet's ornament I had bought a kit for last summer. It is wool applique' with wool threads to sew with. I couldn't find one tapestry needle. Now, I know there must be a baker's dozen in my loose needles somewhere, so I proceed to clean drawers until I found one. That was hours cleaning and straightening right down to alcohol wiping down the scissors and metal tools in my stash. No matter, I got the doggone drawers in there all straight and the dust bunny's evicted to where I can find anything I want to use. Yey! What a gal has to do just to play is sometimes a drag.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 12-16-2020 at 06:45 AM.
Old 12-16-2020, 06:44 AM

You are so funny Julienm1. Don't get too dizzy and fall down! Enjoy your dinner with your family
Old 12-16-2020, 08:01 AM

It's not noon here in NM but I need a break. Update. Bookshelf looks so much better. Quilts for future grandchildren (previous post) stacked nicely and discovered no one took the time to sew binding on 3 and quilt 2. Project Linus quilts on hangers. Did find a couple treasures. Hexie qayg template, attachment thingee for machine that is at the hospital, plastic containers w/o lids and lids w/o containers.

Break over. Have to finish bagel, tea and continue. Eagles concert still playing Ahhhh!!!
Old 12-16-2020, 10:02 AM

11.00 here in NM and 95% done in sewing room. Decided I have the energy so will start in the fabric room after I have a tuna fish sandwich. Set the timer cuz I have to make 2 batches of banana bread for the kids tomorrow. I use mini pans. They look so cute.

HINT: when you make banana bread instead of vanilla add butter pecan extract. Just takes it up a level. I only give this hint to my friends! Guess that's you.
Old 12-16-2020, 10:20 AM

It’s noon o clock here.

I’m not cleaning the house today either.