Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: noahs ark quilt

from Illinois but living in Ft. Myers,Florida

noahs ark quilt

Looking to make a Noahs ark quilt for a baby.Anyone have any suggestions where i could get the pattern? ^Thank you.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Clothilde's is adorable! Almost makes me want to applique! Almost...

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    Clothilde's is adorable! Almost makes me want to applique! Almost...

Jan in VA
    yep me too...ALMOST...but not quite yet!

Banned
    ebay has a lot of the patterns

I made a Noah's Ark for my grandson from Margaret Rolfe's book, "A Quilter's Ark". It is paper piecing. I found the book on Amazon. I chose the animals I wanted to do and made 2 of each. It also has the ark and Mr. & Mrs. Noah. I also went through my stash and picked fabrics with butterflies, ants etc. and made cut 2 of each. I did a few simple blocks (2 each) then put sashing between all the blocks. My daughter then played the game of she pointed to one and he had to find the other. It fits his youth bed. I had a lot of fun finding the fabrics for the different animals; such as a black and white zebra stripe, tiger stripe, green dotted for a frog etc. Whatever you choose have fun.

Have you tried to Google for free Noah's Ark pattern or a coloring book page? I'm sure you could find different ways to make your Ark without spending your $$ on a pattern. Good luck. I am sure you will have a great time!

Clotilde's is adorable, but not $50 adorable (for just the pattern, not a kit), imho.

Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
    Clotilde's is adorable, but not $50 adorable (for just the pattern, not a kit), imho.
    Somebody has worked hard to produce an original quilt pattern and people are prepared to pay the price or it wouldn't sell. There are a lot of cheap patterns out there and I have read the complaints about some of them on this board. The Kookaburra Cottage quilt patterns are well written and easy to follow. There are also 10 separate patterns to this one as it started as a block of the month. If you do not feel able to pay that price then that is fine but it doesn't mean the pattern is not worth it.The quilt is very big and to be quite honest you couldn't buy the fabric for $50 even in America where fabric is relatively cheap so comparing the price to a kit is irrelevant. I have made several of these in different colourways as they look so good finished.

Blog Entries
    There are lots of free Applique patterns on the web.

If you don't want to applique you can always embroider the animals, maybe one per block, and only have the the ark to applique. Assuming you have an embroidering machine or you could pay for embroidered blocks. Don't forget the rainbow. Can't have a Noah's ark quilt without a rainbow.

Clotilde's is adorable, but I believe I'd be drawing me some animals, and make my own appliques, rather than spend 50 bucks on a pattern!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Fabric.com has some really cute Donna Newberry Noah's Ark fabric (today is last day of sale) I just ordered some to use for the backs of baby quilts.

gin
    BOMquilts.com has a Noah's Ark pattern by Sindy Rodenmayer -- this is a free quilt pattern site that I came across when I was playing on the internet

I like that Gingham Goose site - there are a lot of things on that site I would like to make -

Marysewfun
    Marysewfun
    Have a great day!

Surely that price on Clotilde is a mistake. They have similar patterns listed below that look to be made by the same designer for the $20 range. $50 is TOO much for a pattern alone--if it were a kit..that would be different.
    Karen in Kentucky

I made a Noah's ark quilt once and used coloring books for the designs. I found a page that had the whole ark with animals for a center square and had squares of pairs of the other animals all around it. I drew the designs on white fabric and colored them in with fabric colors. Don't remember what I did with the quilt. But color books are great for quilts.
    Lynda

Blog Entries
    This one is the Noah's Ark quilt that's been on my to-do list for a few years now... I love it. You can get the pattern here: http://www.lauranownes.com/allpatterns.html

Name:  noah's ark.jpg
Views: 1066
Size:  154.1 KB

There's one on thequiltery.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by sewingsusie View Post
    Looking to make a Noahs ark quilt for a baby.Anyone have any suggestions where i could get the pattern? ^Thank you.
    I bought one of those soft book panels, cut up the pages and sashed them. It made a darling quilt.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by KyKaren1949 View Post
    Surely that price on Clotilde is a mistake. They have similar patterns listed below that look to be made by the same designer for the $20 range. $50 is TOO much for a pattern alone--if it were a kit..that would be different.
    The Noah's Ark pattern on Clotilde is $15.98 and it includes the wall hanging.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tnnslvr View Post
    The Noah's Ark pattern on Clotilde is $15.98 and it includes the wall hanging.
    ???? Are you looking at the same pattern the rest of us are looking at? This is one of two quilts listed under "Noah" (the other one is an embroidered quilt) and the price is $49.98.

Name:  noah's ark 2.jpg
Views: 6503
Size:  114.1 KB

I love that Chlotilde's pattern, but would never pay that much for a pattern. Somebody posted a site for coloring pages on here the other day, and it had tons of animals. Just thinking that you could surely come up with a very unique one of your own, rather than pay a fortune for just the pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by KyKaren1949 View Post
    i thought so too but when i went back and read it again it states"fabric not included." sorry, it's cute but not THAT cute. no way i would pay that much for just a pattern.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast