Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Noooooooooo! Not now!!!

:cry: :cry: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Quote Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
    FMQ like it's going out of style. Tension is perfect. Needles are cooperating, and I've got some stupid song that I love stuck in my head. Then, all of a sudden IT QUIT SEWING! Why?............ Ah, jeeze, I just ran out of monofilament thread! Only another half an hour or so and I would have been done with this part of my Bargello. Now I have to wait until Friday until I can buy more. I just needed to share my pain with everyone. :lol:
    Oh I am so sorry ... I bet most of us have felt that pain...!

That is my FM. Glad to know I am not alone.

I hate it when that happens!

Wow... ran out of thread right at the end? Big Time Bummer... Bet that won't happen again. LOL

Now you have permission to read the Board till you can stock up on your thread.

I hate it when reality strikes!! It seems to only happen when you are on a good roll.

If i was close enough you can have one or two of mine, .004 size is what i have (bummer)

Quote Originally Posted by moonrise
    Oh no! :-(

If I happen to notice that my thread is running low, I sew faster. That way I should get finished before the thread runs out!

:lol: :wink: :lol:

(Too bad it doesn't really work that way, huh? :D )
    Moonrise, you are just too funny, thanks for the laugh.

How terrible to run out of thread when you are soooo close, but like others have said, thankfully it wasn't your machine that quit! Thread is a cheap fix!

Soooo frustrating! I also hate it when my bobbin thread runs out mid-seam and I don't have another ready to go. A small thing but sometimes can make you lose your concentration. I must be a slow learner cause that happens to me a lot. lol Just get out another project and work on it in the meantime. Friday will be here soon and then you can get back to this one.

FMQ like it's going out of style. Tension is perfect. Needles are cooperating, and I've got some stupid song that I love stuck in my head. Then, all of a sudden IT QUIT SEWING! Why?............ Ah, jeeze, I just ran out of monofilament thread! Only another half an hour or so and I would have been done with this part of my Bargello. Now I have to wait until Friday until I can buy more. I just needed to share my pain with everyone. :lol:
    Does this kind of thread pick when thread is cut? I made a shirt for my husband years ago using this kind of thread and it picked so bad he wouldn't wear it. Just wondering if they ahve improved it.

Feel your pain ! I hate it when that happens !!!

Well how about just relaxing for a few days. Pick up some quilt magazines and just relax.

Quote Originally Posted by gunny148
    If i was close enough you can have one or two of mine, .004 size is what i have (bummer)
    Thanks for the offer. From Oregon to SC seems a bit of a trip. I'll just have to wait until Friday (payday). I have other projects to work on in the mean time, like cleaning the house, dishes and laundry. ;-) BTW, Semper Fi; I always wanted to say that to you and thank you for serving our country!

Quote Originally Posted by MillieMoseley
    Well how about just relaxing for a few days. Pick up some quilt magazines and just relax.
    I know you said that in either a crazed or insane moment :lol: . I always have something else to work on. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by sgraves1959
    Does this kind of thread pick when thread is cut? I made a shirt for my husband years ago using this kind of thread and it picked so bad he wouldn't wear it. Just wondering if they ahve improved it.
    It can pick away for all I care. It's on a wall hanging! It would not be my thread of choice if I was making garments. ;)

I feel your pain......took my Singer in for repair last Wed, said they would have it back today....and oh boy, they had to send it to the mfg. because it's under warranty....I won't get it back for another week......what am I gonna do????? :-( :( :x

Blog Entries
    I usually figure there was a real good chance that if it happened it happened for a reason If you ignored this you would have put this last bit in upside down and inside out and backwards and without a doubt you would be ripping seams and cussing like a sailor at least this is how it happens here :roll:

Can we please see a picture of you bargello when it is finished. Love them and am lookig for color ideas to try one.

Blog Entries
    This just happened to me too. Bought a spool of thread from Connecting Threads along with one of their quilt kits. Not enough thread for the entire project and it must be noted that their thread is a lot thicker than most that I have used in the past. So...new order coming tomorrow and I bought cones instead of spools this time. Of course while ordering I bought five colors instead of just the one color that I need, LOL!

I feel your pain!

as a friend of my dd posted today, "today will never happen again!"

Quote Originally Posted by sak658
    Quote Originally Posted by M.I.Late
    stock up - stock up - stock up

So sorry to hear this sweetie! Doesn't it just makes ya wanna spit nails?
    My mama always said the( "doesn't it just make ya wanna spit nails?) I often wondered who would have nails in there mouth to start with?? Just an East Texas saying, she would say.... LOL LOL She had a lot of them too. Miss her every day...
    I have seen lots of farriers (those people that shoe horses) with nails in their mouth & if you ever got kicked by a horse it would certainly make you spit nails!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotlass
    Quote Originally Posted by sak658
    Quote Originally Posted by M.I.Late
    stock up - stock up - stock up

So sorry to hear this sweetie! Doesn't it just makes ya wanna spit nails?
    My mama always said the( "doesn't it just make ya wanna spit nails?) I often wondered who would have nails in there mouth to start with?? Just an East Texas saying, she would say.... LOL LOL She had a lot of them too. Miss her every day...
    I have seen lots of farriers (those people that shoe horses) with nails in their mouth & if you ever got kicked by a horse it would certainly make you spit nails!!
    My friend Jerry is a farrier. I will ask him if he has ever spit nails. Then tell him I read this on a quilting website. :lol:

SomeOne wanted you to take a little break....enjoy the time to just think about finishing it all up in a bit.

chocolate emergency!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast