Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Not lost, but can't find

Super Member sewingitalltogether's Avatar

Not lost, but can't find

I've looked high and low through my sewing room and the house. Can't find my applique pressing sheet. Working on the quilt "Welcome to the North Pole" it's by the Piece O Cake ladies . I'm doing the fusible method. So I need that pressing sheet to assemble the house details. Looked in boxes, drawers, closets. On the floor, under piles of stuff. Behind my sewing desk. On shelves. Moved stuff. I'm just about ready to buy a new one!
    Ever have things that you didn't "lose", but that you just can't find??
    Gail

Always. Try parchment paper.
    Carol

Power Poster
    ​I keep mine rolled, could it be with your rolled interfacing? So frustrating when you know it is in your sewing room somewhere!

Blog Entries
    Me too---I use Parchment paper

Blog Entries
    I actually prefer parchment paper. Plus I can always find it in the kitchen drawer!

Me three ... parchment paper is my only go to!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Blog Entries
    Me four. Parchment for the win!

Since I don't have an actual "sewing room", I lose things all the time! Bought myself a really nice Ikea bookcase that holds square baskets and although I keep trying to organize those baskets into "like" items it just hasn't worked out. Some fabrics need their own basket. Do the jelly rolls count as a color or as a project? I have a pressing sheet somewhere too - glad to know that I can use parchment paper!
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WANNABEE View Post
    Always. Try parchment paper.
    this was my first thought, too. I hate it when I can't find something, especially when I put it away in a 'safe' place.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Story of my life. Then when you go out and re-buy something, you trip over whatever it was you were looking for as soon as you come in the house.

And the "safe places" are the worst. It's been decades sometimes before they come back up to the surface...

It’s with my set of 4 patriotic placement that I made and put away until the season arrived.

Yes, parchment works. I wouldn't try to iron the fusible pieces without something over them. That could result in another problem, sad to say, where now they're stuck on the iron.

I lost my "all purpose tool" that goes with my Bernina. I need it to adjust the bobbin tension and open up the little door to access a top thread problem. It always goes back on the shelf in the same spot. So what happened to it.
    Lori

How thick is the package? Could you have put it in a book or magazine ? Or it never made it into the house? Try the trunk. We lost our remote once, and searched everywhere for 3 days. On the 4th night we were watching TV, DH decided to eat the rest of the potato chips. Lo and behold, the remote was in the chip bag! So now whenever something goes AWOL, we say “check the chip bag.”

Blog Entries
    I always find it in the last place I look. maybe you put it with another project so you would have it then. use parchment paper until you do find it. mine is well over 20 years old and moved with me back to Texas. i'm lucky the movers didn't lose it!

Since I started using parchment paper I don't even think about using the applique pressing sheet. However I keep mine rolled up inside a round tube which previously held gift wrapping paper.

Sometimes I think I spend more time looking for something than actually working. It makes me so dang mad!

I lost my credit card the other day. Reported it lost and then found it under the bed. I know how it got there, but I couldn't remember where it was when I was looking for it.

Blog Entries
    Buy a new one...you will find the old one really fast!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    I always find it in the last place I look.
    Well of course, because you stop looking!

I have been sewing string blocks all week. I had a big stack of them on my cutting table. I went to sew more today and couldn't find the stack anywhere. ? I found them in a bin stuck behind a cabinet. No why on earth would I have done that? I have a slight memory of doing it but why why why? LOL
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I lose things all the time. I recently "lost" all my blocks for a Saturday Sampler. Duh, they were on my design board! Right before my very eyes!!
    Alyce

My favorite is when I put something in a safe place. Still looking for some of my safe places.

After the last time I lost something, I deceided to start a "safe place" notebook. So when I put something in a safe place I jot it down. Now if I can just remember where I put the notebook...

Quote Originally Posted by Crqltr View Post
    Buy a new one...you will find the old one really fast!
    That's been my experience! A few months' ago, I "lost" every stitch ripper thingy I owned. Searched all over. We all know that we can't live without this gismo, so I hiked myself to my neighborhood Hobby Lobby, bought one, and when I got home... You guessed it, I found 3 of them just where they were supposed to be!! I know they jumped out of that box and hid just to confuse me!

Blog Entries
    This happens to me every time I travel. I put things in my sewing room 'away' for 'safekeeping', and to clean up the room for the petsitter who comes in...months later I will find things I stashed. I drive me crazy!
    Singer 301 (Zsuzsi), Janome DC1050, Brother XR3140 -when did THAT happen?!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast