Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Obsessed with My New Accuquilt Go!

Blog Entries

Obsessed with My New Accuquilt Go!

Some weeks ago I asked if the Accuquilt Go! was worth it. Predictably, there were opinions on both sides of the question. Well. I want to resoundingly say, YES! I love it!

Although I have a lot on my plate today and really should be doing other things ... I am obsessively and merrily slicing and dicing away. If someone doesn't stop me soon, I might actually progress through my entire stash!

Does anyone else need to be told through a megaphone, "STEP AWAY FROM THE ACCUQUILT AND NO ONE GETS HURT."
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Sounds like a great way to spend the day! ENJOY!
    Tammy

Blog Entries
    I could use some "slicing and dicing" today!!!! But I don't have the AccuQuilt Go!

Blog Entries
    Come on over! You can play with the Accuquilt Go if you let me play with that darling baby in your avatar!
    Krystyna

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    hee hee i love mine too !!! happy cutting !!!

I have the Go Baby, but love it just the same! Glad you decided to get yours and are having fun with it!
    ​Krysti

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Come on over! You can play with the Accuquilt Go if you let me play with that darling baby in your avatar!
    HAHA!! Might be a good trade after keeping him all weekend!! I guess I need to change my avatar since he's going to be 2 years old in May....time has flown!! He still looks the same...just a little grown up version!!

Blog Entries
    I certainly know what you are talking about. There's something really satisfying cranking those shapes out. I have the Studio. I actually bought it over 15 years ago when it was first introduced at Accucut in the days before accuquilt. I make invitations, party favors etc. and have hundreds and hundreds (and hundreds) of dies. I've been into quilting the last 2 years and love it for quilting.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Blog Entries
    I'm so happy for you. When I got mine I had this bag of scraps that I had gotten years ago and I used the die that had multiple shapes on it and cut squares from 1in up to 5in. I was on a roll. I put them into bins and felt so relieved to have them out of that bag and could see what was there. I do a lot of applique and especially for that it's great to have those squares to go to. Enjoy.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    I think that when I am done with my current batch of pastels, I will finally pull out the fabric I purchased for bedroom quilts and start cutting. Then ... hahaha ... maybe I will sew them together! Who knows?
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    i keep thinking "do i want a go or a go baby? will i use it?". I guess i really need to be hit in the head with a major deal! i'm so glad you are enjoying it!

I've been researching the go and baby go. I use a lot of pre cuts so I keep cutting down. I have arthritis in my hand and even though I do exercises, it hurts after tedious cutting. I don't know anyone who has one. How is the handle? The dyes are expensive. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Blog Entries
    I got mine at Sewforless.com. I think I got an excellent buy. Yes, the dies are expensive, but how many are you realistically going to use?
    Krystyna

For those who have arthritis should look into the electric sizzix, you don't have to even crank just plug it in and slice away

I just made a baby quilt out the small tumbler block! Love it!

I don't have either kind, I did think about buying a go but, decided after all these not having one I really didn't need one. Enjoy yiurs.
    Wrapping a potholder to make the handle larger may help with sore fingers and hands. Just a thought.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I don't have an Acuquilt but I have spent the morning 'slicing and dicing' with the good ol' rotary cutter and mat

Way to go Krystyna, now we will see lots of 'normal' dolls quilts from you huh ???
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
    Way to go Krystyna, now we will see lots of 'normal' dolls quilts from you huh ???
    Probably, Lyn! But not in May ... it's Quilty Chaos month and I'm working on my crazy quilt.
    Krystyna

I still need to get mine out of the box! I bought mine last December.

I am getting 2500 2.5" squares ready for a swap and my Go Baby has saved my life. There is not way I want to cut 2500 squares. Have worked off and on for 2 days and they are all done and I even have lots of squares left over that I won't swap. Great purchase on my part.

This is just awesome to hear! I ordered mine yesterday and should have it tomorrow! My rotary cutting accuracy sometimes leaves much to be desired as I've been having some tenderness in my shoulder and elbow. This will be a big help. I'm wondering if it's possible that rheumatoid arthritis could be hereditary. My poor mother suffered terribly with this.

OK...glad to know that I'm NOT the only one. So far I've mostly used the 2.5 inch strip die to 'slice and dice' my solid stash to use in 'modern' quilts. BUT I just ordered the 8.5 inch rag die tonight from Amazon so I'm going to be doing baby flannels SOON.

Is there a 12 step program for us?
    curmudgeonly quilter
    [email protected]
    -----------------------------------------------------
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
    (Herm Albright (1876 - 1944))
    -----------------------------------------------------

is the accu quilt just for applique?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sept97 View Post
    is the accu quilt just for applique?
    No, no, no! At the moment I've been using the die that has two sizes of squares and a half square triangle.
    I just finished cutting out hexagons -- the die has three sizes -- soooo easy!
    And there is a tumbler one, and well, all sorts. It really makes cutting pieces a snap.
    If there is a bit left over on the piece I've cut from, I trim off the teeny bits and run it through to cut a smaller piece!
    Virtually no waste!
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeonly quilter View Post
    Is there a 12 step program for us?
    If there is, I'm not going to meetings unless they let us bring our machines!
    Krystyna

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast