Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Odd Handquilter Out????? >

Odd Handquilter Out?????

Odd Handquilter Out?????

Old 06-17-2010, 05:31 PM

Wow, I bet it also looks better than the other too. You should have seen the ugly fabric that we stapled onto it (it was all canvas of some sort, mostly the ugliest prints you can imagine).
Old 06-17-2010, 05:49 PM

YES!!!
Old 06-18-2010, 07:38 AM

I do not want to sound as if I am pushing the Grace frame, but it is a real timesaver and if you are willing and able to spend the money on it, it is truly worth it over the long haul. The fabric stores will pooh pooh them because they are made of wood and they are trying to push the expensive quilting machines, but if you use reasonable care it will last a long time.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:00 AM

I have a B-line that resembles the Grace and I put 2 different ones of my home machines on them and had a ball quilting, but the tension on my machine never would get even. I always have loops on the back side so I spent $800 on this and it didn't do what they said. I think I need to buy an expensive machine to use on it. Do you know anything about that?
Old 06-18-2010, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by rhueluna
I have a B-line that resembles the Grace and I put 2 different ones of my home machines on them and had a ball quilting, but the tension on my machine never would get even. I always have loops on the back side so I spent $800 on this and it didn't do what they said. I think I need to buy an expensive machine to use on it. Do you know anything about that?
I really do not know, but I did recently purchase a Janome Memory Craft 6600 and it seems to be doing what it is supposed to. I machine quilted a twin size quilt and truthfully I had a devil of a time doing so and ended up handquiling it on a hoop and ripping out all the sewing. The tension worked well though, but things kept slipping around. I guess I should have secured it better. That's how one learns! The tension is a trial and error thing and you just have to keep adjusting on a scrap until it is right. Hope this helps.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:22 PM

I know I haven't used one of these frames, but did you try adjusting the tension from the top AND the bobbin? I know people who have a separate bobbin casing (for those front loaders) for different types of purposes once they are adjusted which seems reasonable to me. Loopies always are indicators that either one of my tensions are off or the darn machine managed to somehow unthread somewhere while I was working on a project. It is never in a convenient place either.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:34 PM

I rip our also as I do like my stitches to be uniform.

:thumbup:
Old 06-18-2010, 12:52 PM

Thanks, I have adjusted upper and lower bobbins and just plain gave up. Tried to sell the B-line but no takers. A good price too. Oh well. I may get a Juki when finances are better, but if that doesn't work, I am up the creek I guess.

Thanks for your input, its appreciated.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:10 PM

Depends how bad I think it looks. If it really bothers me I will pick them out & redo.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:10 AM

yes if I don't like the size of the stitch or the way it is quilted I will take many stitches out. I don't care if anyone would notice. I would know and that's enough for me. You should do what you feel is right for you.