Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ok Quilters...what is your dream machine that you use??? >

Ok Quilters...what is your dream machine that you use???

Ok Quilters...what is your dream machine that you use???

Old 10-29-2010, 07:16 AM

Butterflyquilter, congratulations on your new machine! You deserve it. Have fun making all sorts of new things. Guess you can go back to cooking again for your husband!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:22 AM

YEEA!!! How did you convince him?
Old 10-29-2010, 07:34 AM
Banned

I didn't talk to him much this week and he could see I was really depressed when I can't sew. He sees no purpose in making quilts but I am depressed if I can't sew.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:38 AM

Woo Hoo, you go girl!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:49 AM

When I first started handpiecing quilt suares, my DH wasn't impressed either. He said he didn't see any sence in cutting fabric into little pieces and sewing them back together. But over the years he has come to like them. Then when I decided I wanted a longarm he started getting more interested. Now he is wanting to actually sew his own quilt top and quilt it.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by butterflyquilter
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!! I posted this in a new topic but thought I should post here also. My husband finally gave me the rest of the money I needed for a new machine. I am getting the Janome Magnolia 7330 today. I am so excited! Thanks to all of you for your support. I loved reading all your suggestions!!! I was really depressed not being able to sew!
I did use a janome for piecing but it quit tonight. My husband has informed me that a sewing machine is a luxury so I am not going to be quilting for awhile.
great news!! I still can't see how anyone thinks there's no purpose in making quilts (winter, anyone??) but at least he came around. Good for you!!
Old 10-29-2010, 12:28 PM

GOOD FOR YOU , YOU GO GIRL.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!! I posted this in a new topic but thought I should post here also. My husband finally gave me the rest of the money I needed for a new machine. I am getting the Janome Magnolia 7330 today. I am so excited! Thanks to all of you for your support. I loved reading all your suggestions!!! I was really depressed not being able to sew!
I did use a janome for piecing but it quit tonight. My husband has informed me that a sewing machine is a luxury so I am not going to be quilting for awhile.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:30 PM

Great news!!! He does have a soft spot in his heart after all and didn't want you to feel so bad. Have fun with the new sewing machine.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:36 PM

Enjoy your new sewing machine, maybe hubby was embarrassed by our comments, women power worked again, if all else fails cry a lot.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Reesespieces
I own a Viking Designer I, however, for embroidery I have a problem with nesting from my bobbin. I keep reseating the bobbin, but while I am in the middle of a project, it keeps happening. I can even hear the sound that lets me know that my thread is going to nest. Have cleaned the bobbin area. Any other suggestions?
What are you using for bobbin thread? I had this problem, and when I asked the Pfaff service guru he questioned my thread. I had rayon in it, and he said that was likely the problem. Wound my bobbin with Superior Thread's Bottom Line and that fixed it!