Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Okay, which one of you bought up all the solid white at Connecting Threads?

Blog Entries

Okay, which one of you bought up all the solid white at Connecting Threads?

I went on the Connecting Threads website all ready to order the fabric for a new quilt top I want to start and they didn't have any solid white. I usually don't even use any white in my quilts. I prefer to use all kinds of colors, but DD wants white, black and grey so I need the white. Connecting Threads won't have it back in stock until February 8th. I was tempted to order the fabrics elsewhere, but I wasn't happy with the prices at the other on line stores. I did click the "Notify Me" button at Connecting Trheads and I'll get an email when it's back in stock, so I can place my order then. I'm hoping it it will come back in stock before February 8th.

Blog Entries
    Haha! It wasn't me!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

LOL! Sorry.....not me. I was on there last week and bought almost 16 yards of a variety of 1/2 yard increments and 2 in larger increments for only $50.24 total. Bought all clearance stuff and am really looking forward to the 2 larger amount cuts as I have an idea for them. Good luck on the white, maybe they'll get it in soon. Connecting threads is great and so are their prices. I got that from someone on this board. Great ideas here!!!

I LOVE Connecting Threads....just got an order the other day....and great customer service too!

I think there was a run on whites lately. I tried to order some from fabric.com and they were all out of solid whites but are now back in stock of some.

Blog Entries
    same thing with the white-on-white from the Rhapsody of Reds collection. I had 5 yards in my basket, and was trying to see if i had something else in my stash that would work. I really don't, so I went to order it this morning. Sold out. It's my understanding that they don't re-order fabric in their collections, so I guess I'll be looking for something else. It's amazing, that red collection is just about sold out. It was just introduced a couple weeks ago...
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

It wasn't me either! Funny someone mentioned the sold white sold out at Fabric.com... I wanted to order some and it had none in stock. I don't use much solid white.. never occured that it would be sold out.

Blog Entries
    I get a package from CT at least once a month. It's hard to find better then their clearance fabric prices.
    Got fabric?

Wasn't me either - haven't bought white in quite a while.
    Kathleen

Life is what you make of it
    So laugh until you cry
    Sing your lifesong joyfully
    And teach yourself to fly

Blog Entries
    Not me, but you might want to check with Sue at Sue's Sew EZ Designs. She's winding down her online business, but still has white Bella Muslin for $3.50/yd. It's 200 count, very nice fabric. Barely wrinkles when you wash it. She is very quick to ship also.

http://www.sewezdesigns.com/fabrics1.html

I am waiting for an order to arrive from them but I didn't buy any solid white. So it wasn't me either.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I order all the time from Connecting threads--but usually it's thread and batting I order. I have only ordered a kit once so I am not familiar with their fabric. How is their white solid fabric is comparison to Kona white by Robert Kaufman? I like to use white fabric but tend to not buy the inexpensive stuff cause I fear it will be too thin and seams will show through too bad. Anyone use the white cotton fabric from Connecting threads? I would like to hear your opinions in it. FYI--Connecting threads has a sale going on right now--I know their battings are 30% until sometime in February. I need to order some soon. That's where I buy the Hobbs 80/20 as I don't have any local source to buy it from. My local source only carries the Hobbs Polydown--which I use all the time.

Not me either but I really appreciate the opportunity to giggle. Thanks. I needed that -- badly.
    Since I gain weight reading cookbooks, why can't I lose weight watching a fitness program?

Wasn't me!

This is interesting because I had a small piece of white Fairy Frost in my stash (less than a fat quarter) and DDIL picked it as one of the fabrics for the Bargello I'm making them. So stopped at my LQS to get some and they were all sold out! No other white I could use so she said she'd call when it came in. Went up to get it today and she said she ordered 4 bolts because in checking her order history they've run out of white frequently over the last several months. A new trend of using whites more in quilts?
    Come to Me and I will give you rest--Jesus.

Blog Entries
    Not me, but I did just send in a $51 order. I was going to order some of their new Rhapsody in Red line, but lots of that line is already not available! But I did find some other fabric to order - imagine that!
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Not guilty this time. I'm thinking the new Rhapsody of Reds was super-popular. I'm still the "master of my domain" in the fabric moratorium. Hardly a big deal when we haven't gotten through January yet. I usually place a CT order monthly. Feels like Christmas each time that box comes.

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    Wasn't me, but Paper Princess's comment about the Rhapsody of Reds collection sent me scrambling. I just ordered a whole bunch, and yes, some of the fabrics I wanted were sold out all ready. As they carry their own lines of fabric, I didn't realize they don't reorder. Now I really hope my friend still wants a Norwegian flag quilt, or I'm going ot have an awful lot of red fabric on my hands.
    aka Chicken McLittle

If it's true we learn from our mistakes, I'm going to be a genius!

Wasn't me, but I love it. Has anyone else noticed that a lot of the new quilt patterns seem to be sashed in white or have white backgrounds so the blocks look like they float? Maybe it's just me again!

I just ordered 5 yards of moda bella white from thousandsofbolts.com. I think it was 4.95 a yard. But now I think they only have 1 yard in stock. LOL I use a lot of white so I check back often and they seem to get a whole bunch in every few weeks or so.

Wasn't me either...

Have you looked at fabric.com? I've been very pleased with their fabric and customer service.

Bet it is people doing their own "Shades of Gray" quilts! LOL!!!

I needed white as well and couldn't wait so I had to run out to Joann's and get 3 yards to hold me over!!

I just received the Connecting Threads catalog and wanted to order the Rhapsody of Reds tote kit and it was gone. I don't know if I'll ever order from them as shipping to Alaska is twice as much as to a Lower 48 area. It is $3.99 in Lower 48 and $9.99 to Alaska.

Ok I am one of the guilty ones ordered I think 4yds of the heavenly stuff. It was the 1st time I ordered from them and was very impressed. I am making our granddaughter a heart log cabin for her graduation when I saw an email from them saying Rhapsody in Red how could I NOT order away !!!! Here is a hug
    Warm Hugs~~~ Pamela Margaret

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast