Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: old quilting magazines

Hi,
    I,m new to the message board,old to everything else. A fellow quilter and I are overwhelmed with old magazines circa late '70's through the present and we wondered if there is any monetary value to them?
    Thanks for the information.
    fotophun

sure! post them on etsy, ebay or even here in the buy/sell area...

Old quilt magazines usually go for at least $2.00 except for Miniature Quilt & Australian Patchwork & Quilting go higher.

Quote Originally Posted by fotophun
    Hi,
    I,m new to the message board,old to everything else. A fellow quilter and I are overwhelmed with old magazines circa late '70's through the present and we wondered if there is any monetary value to them?
    fotophun

Blog Entries
    Check "completed listings" on eBay to get a good idea of value. I haven't looked recently, but I used to see a year's worth of a magazine going for about $12 plus postage (maybe $15 total). They didn't always sell, though.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    We would love to buy some too. FYI NEW users have to become "regular " members before they can sell on the QB. There is a good post to read at the top of the for sale posts that says "read before you list on here". Good info. Look forward to seeing them if you list. Welcome to the board.

Welcome to the board from Southern California!!!

I got a whole stack of mgazines from the past year or two at the thrift shop for $5. I think that I'll glean the projects I like, then re-donate them!

Welcome! I love the older magazines, too! Become a regular here, and youcan sell on the classifieds here.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION. i'm guessing you mean on E-Bay?
    fotophun

Blog Entries
    I think it's easier to sell old quilting magazines here than on eBay. Here you don't have fees, and you have an audience that is interested in quilting. However, you do need to make enough posts to qualify to place an ad here.

Are you familiar with eBay? If you have an account there, you can sign in and then search for your type of magazines, checking "completed listings" to see what they actually have sold for. (What people ask and what items actually sell for can be dramatically different.) I would do this kind of research on eBay before offering the mags for sale here, and I would probably offer them for a little less here since there are no fees you have to pay.

Please tell me how to go about this, as I said--new territory. For instance, I am unclear what you mean about making enough posts to qualify.
    fotophun

fotophun....means you have to talk on board a bit or reply to other's posting before u can sell anything. Example...make a remark to someone's quilting or bags or projects they have made...when the listing under your avatar no longer says new user, then you can put an ad in the classified section. Did I make this easy for you to understand? If not, please say so and we will help you out. Welcome to the board, by the way.

Thank you for your helpful information. I will check in on this site often to be able to change my status. Now to look over an auction of a long time sewer.
    fotophun

I just bought on ebay- 18 quilt magazines for $7.45 plus shipping. and 19 magazines for $7.45 plus shipping. I bought them because they are for years I wasn't smart enough to know about quilting.

I should not say this- you will be bidding against me. :)

Oh- I do send on books and magazines to newbies. I like to share.