Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
old treadle sewing machine >

old treadle sewing machine

old treadle sewing machine

Old 08-03-2010, 10:10 AM

Oh, oh.....think I got took. Bought a 1905 Model 15 Singer Treadle sewing machine and it was suppose to work. Had to purchase a new belt(that was okay)but I am now unable to get any further parts for it. It does not have a shuttle. I am really disheartened and I was so looking forward to using it and was really excited. Oh well, the cabinet is pretty nice and I guess I may be able to sell the machine for parts. But, that still leaves me without my much wanted treadle. Any information from anyone out there would be so appreciated. Have already spent hours on the websites to no avail. Glad I didn't pay a fortune for it.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:34 AM

Not so fast!- Go to the vintage machine section here and post what you need. Or contact Billy (Lostn51) he is the king of the treadles. And most of the time, he knows where to find things. Most parts are still readily available and inexpensive, but you have to know where to go.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by sue38
Oh, oh.....think I got took. Bought a 1905 Model 15 Singer Treadle sewing machine and it was suppose to work. Had to purchase a new belt(that was okay)but I am now unable to get any further parts for it. It does not have a shuttle. I am really disheartened and I was so looking forward to using it and was really excited. Oh well, the cabinet is pretty nice and I guess I may be able to sell the machine for parts. But, that still leaves me without my much wanted treadle. Any information from anyone out there would be so appreciated. Have already spent hours on the websites to no avail. Glad I didn't pay a fortune for it.

I think singer 15's take a class 15 bobbin the very same ones you buy at any store. Also other parts maybe able to come across.
I just asked what singer i should get and Billy said the 15 and 66 were easy to get parts for.

Why dont you post a pic of it and the bobbin area and the presser foot shank
Old 08-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Power Poster

If you need a shuttle are you sure about the model #?? all the model 15 take a regular looking bobbin. does your bobbin look like a traditional bobbin or an enlongated spool? If the latter then I don't think you have a model 15 but maybe something else? I am not an expert though. Just know a bit about mine.

Here are two links to antique parts. The first one has the old fasioned bullet shaped shuttle but says it is for different models 27, 127 , 28 and 128. My treadle took the shuttle from this site but i have a model 27 from 1901.

http://sewingmachine221sale.bizland....re/page47.html

If you scroll a ways down they show bobbins for the model 15.

This second URL has parts for model 15s you just have to scroll down a bit.

http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/sin...odel-list.aspx
This site says to contact them if you can't find what you are looking for.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Power Poster

Don't give up yet... you have some great advice here :thumbup:

Here are some links here on the board that should be able to help

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-43881-1.htm

http://www.quiltingboard.com/virtual...jsp?vsnum=1013