Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG!!! After all my whinging & moaning ....guess what happened yesterday!!!

That's WONDERFUL!! Isn't it amazing how opening your mouth sometimes actually brings goods things. :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    That is so great! Here you left such a wonderful group in Spain...
    Now more pictures to anticipate!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    You will never believe it......A PATCHWORK & QUILTING SHOP opened ...15 MINUTES DRIVE FROM MY HOME....WOOOHOOO!!!

So let me tell my story (LOL)....I already mentioned that I went to a very disappointing trade exhibition in the city centre last week, but while there I got speaking to a lady on a craft stall so I asked her if she knew of any other ladies who were interested in Patchwork, only turns out that there is a patchwork group in the next town and to check on the Quilter's Guild website...(why didn't I know to do that???( :roll: )

So I eventually checked the website, found the group, emailed the lady, got a reply, just as she was opening her own shop...unbelievable!!

Went along to the opening yesterday, met LOTS of lovely ladies, but discovered they have a 2-3 year waiting list for the patchwork group which is held in a local church and just doesn't have the space for any more members...so asked why can't we start a spin off group???? Well what a good idea that is, came the response from many, so we asked the owner of the shop...can we rent your upstairs room? Yes, she said I will even put tables up there for you!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOO I am going to be member of a new patchwork group, when I return from our holiday...I so can't wait!!

I am doing the very happy dance today!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Thats wonderful Izy such good news for you, and starting your own group Wow!!!

How wonderful. What great news. It sounds like it will be fun.

Awesome.... It's always fun to be in on the chartering of a group. Congratulations

Blog Entries
    How wonderful! And I'll just bet the new shop is delighted to have all these potential customers overhead! I can just see it now ..."Oh, wait, I have just the thing down in the store that will help you so-o-o much with that!"

That is very exciting! Let us know how it goes.

That's awesome news Izy!
    I'm sooo happy for you!!!

Congrats and have fun

That's wonderful news. So happy for you. :D

So wonderful for you, have fun :thumbup: :D

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    That is so great! Here you left such a wonderful group in Spain...
    Now more pictures to anticipate!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    I wish I had taken my camera to the shop opening, it was like xmas for me just to be 'around fabric and new quilty friends' Celeste...we are a special 'type' of people I find!!

:thumbup:

p.s. I will be dropping into the original group...just to have a nosey around, so might take some piccies there if they don't mind, of course I will be sharing them with y'all on here as I used to!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Izy
    Thanks everyone for your comments, yes Kitsie I am sure she saw the benefits of attracting new customers right under her roof!!

Her stock is quite small...well in comparison to what you guys have over there, the lady said she will be increasing stock soon...it will be hard to resist I can tell you LOL!!

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful experience you will have with your new group. Congratulations on your wish coming true.

Hi deltadawn, I am not too far from you, which part of Northhamptonshire are you in? My Son lives in Little Billing and quite often visit Poppy Patch when I'm up there. Do you know it? I live just down the motorway in Bedfordshire. Only joined up yesterday but have been watching this sight for a few months now and love it.
    Izy I'm so glad for you, I couldn't quite beleive it when you said there were no Patchwork or Quilting shops in Manchester, such a large city. Maybe one day I might take a trip up your way (I get free rail travel) as a retired ticket office clerk so I could do it.

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by patchworkdivaGB
    Hi deltadawn, I am not too far from you, which part of Northhamptonshire are you in? My Son lives in Little Billing and quite often visit Poppy Patch when I'm up there. Do you know it? I live just down the motorway in Bedfordshire. Only joined up yesterday but have been watching this sight for a few months now and love it.
    Izy I'm so glad for you, I couldn't quite beleive it when you said there were no Patchwork or Quilting shops in Manchester, such a large city. Maybe one day I might take a trip up your way (I get free rail travel) as a retired ticket office clerk so I could do it.
    Nice to meet you patchwork diva!!

I think if I travelled 50 miles in any direction I put probably find fabric shops, frustrating as I don't drive, but at least now I don't feel soooo blinking deprived LOL!! It would be lovely to meet you, maybe the next time there is a quilting exhibition all of us 'locals' can get together

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Great for you and the ladies and the quilt shop owner.

She gets customers in there more often then!

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltinghere
    Great for you and the ladies and the quilt shop owner.

She gets customers in there more often then!
    Yep, we are ALL winners

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by patchworkdivaGB
    You may not believe it but there are no patchwork shops in London either, there is Libertys in the centre which do sell fabric but it is the most expensive kind.

What fun. Sounds so enjoyable.

Good going Izy. Enjoy your new group and don't forget to post pics for us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Wow, I've never heard of a waiting list to get into a quilting group. I think your location over a quilt store would be ideal. And a bit financially dangerous:>
    the spinoff group with our guild they come right and tell you someone has to die before they let anyone new in :roll:

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaR
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Wow, I've never heard of a waiting list to get into a quilting group. I think your location over a quilt store would be ideal. And a bit financially dangerous:>
    the spinoff group with our guild they come right and tell you someone has to die before they let anyone new in :roll:
    My fear exactly, plus it is hard to get accepted when a group has been established for so long, so starting a totally new group means we are all new together, which is great

:thumbup:

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Deecee
    Good going Izy. Enjoy your new group and don't forget to post pics for us.
    If you check on my profile page, you will see how prolific I am with pictures LOL ...OF COURSE I will share lots with you all

:roll: :D

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Izy, You aren't just "joining" a quilting group....you are responsible for starting one! That's even better, you go girl! Wonderful news!
    Jan in VA

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast