I find myself in the same boat.

Time to:

'walk away from the computer'

'step away from that keyboard'

"slowly now, push the 'off' button'

'let go of the mouse'

'Now - go sew/quilt!'

Did that work for anyone?
It didn't work for me today either. Good luck.

;)
Old 01-11-2011, 11:34 AM

Hi David,

I have the same problem, only mine includes the washing, cooking, cleaning, ironing etc! LOL LOL LOL

Hugs
Old 01-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Power Poster

Me toooooo! I should be quilting and here it is afew hours later on the Board and my neck is stiff, my shoulders feel like they are going to fall off, but I can't stop, lol. I am so addicted!
Old 01-11-2011, 01:31 PM

I can relate. I have to finish my "Christmas present" for a friend in VA. before 2/1 because I go in for a hip replacment on 2/3 but I sit down for a few minutes to check the Board and hours go by.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:04 PM

I am forcing myself to limit my time on the "board". I always want to know what is going on and then having to surf the websites. My DH wants to know "what's going on". I have shown him that's it's only the "board". Oh Well!
Old 01-11-2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by davidwent
When I went to bed lastnight I made it my intention to get up, not even turn on my 'puter an sew.
Here it is 15 minutes after noon and I'm still on the board!!
Is there a "Quilting Board" anonymous?? I need it!
David
David, get a kitchen timer that has an obnoxious ring. Set it by your computer, no... set it out of reach, so you have to get up to shut if off. Have some yummy fabric sitting by the timer. Go.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:26 PM

I think as time goes by I spend less time on the board. If a thread comes up that has already been done before, I skip it all together or just read the first few posts. If someone asks for help (which border fabric should I use...A, B, or C?), I post my preference but I don't read the other 5 or 6 pages. I rarely read the recipes (I don't cook) or the section with quilt shows and happenings. Sometimes I scan the for sale section but not regularly as the last thing I need are more fabrics or patterns.
In other words, I guess I edit my reading. On the other hand, I look at all the pictures. If I am having a night of insomnia with lots of time on my hands I may read items I skipped over previously.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:37 PM

Sorry, no help here either. Just before I opened this thread I said I should get some sewing done, but here I am still on the board...ok, I'm going to do some sewing now.....well, soon - after all it's only 11.40am here. I've got all afternoon yet :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-11-2011, 04:41 PM

I have only joined the board about three weeks ago and all the beautiful photos and helpful advice really inspired me to start quilting again after a lengthly absence. But now I am hooked on the board and am getting very little sewing done. I'M so confused!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 04:49 PM

What kind of silk quilt are you working on? Are you going to share your silk quilt. I have been working on a Sashiko quilt using Duponi silk. I think it has been added to my UFO list. LOL

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by davidwent
When I went to bed lastnight I made it my intention to get up, not even turn on my 'puter an sew.
Here it is 15 minutes after noon and I'm still on the board!!
Is there a "Quilting Board" anonymous?? I need it!
David
I know what you mean. I went to breakfast with a friend, then on to Joann's and Tuesday Morning. Now back home and still haven't gotten to the basement to work on the silk quilt. I could have had it done by now if I wasn't on here. But then again, I would never have started the silk quilt if it hadn't been for the Quilting Board. So you just have to take a little bad to go with the good.