Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: OMG!!

I went to a different Walmart today and they had FABRIC!!! oh it was nice stuff too.. must have gotten a new stock in, because they had a bunch of it for $2.00 a yard!!!!
    I bought a few things.. but I TOUCHED everything!!!!!
    Even the higher priced stuff was only $6.00/yard..

sigh...... I wish I lived closer to a Wally with fabric......
    I'm stuck with a "J's" and a local place ( the local place is pretty good.. but for the cutesier stuff they are $$$)

*fanning self* WHEW..... I'm still on a fabric HIGH!!!!

Your message makes me smile :) Enjoy the rush!

Which Walmart in MN has fabric?

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Don't you just love that fabric high? My wm is way to close to my apartment. Takes me like 2 minutes to get there. I can smell the fab's from here.

I just went to WM an hour ago and they had nice cotton for $1.50 !! I bought the rest of the bolt!! Im on a high too! Cant wait to get my hands on it!

Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Takes me like 2 minutes to get there. I can smell the fab's from here.
    ROTF............

Blog Entries
    Wow. I'm gonna have to check our out. It's only a couple of miles down the street. Can't wait!

I wish we still had ours!

I stopped in the Hanover,PA Walmart this morning and over heard the clerk tell a customer that since a new Target and soon a Hobby Lobby will be opening, the fabric/crafts department in the store is getting a boost! Yes the fabric prices have gone up but the selection!!

Quote Originally Posted by KarenR
    Alexandria........... we normally ( and live closer to the one in Willmar, MN)

Most fabric stores... " J" and others, I can't even afford to touch their fabrics!!!!!

Normally , my hubby is very patient... but I thought he was going to have to DRAG me from the store........ I thought about throwing a tantrum.. but DH got me a Mt Dew and I calmed down! ... whew... but it was close!

Blog Entries
    I found some new David's Textile fabric at Walmart last week. It's luscious! Deep reds.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bluteddi
    Alexandria........... we normally ( and live closer to the one in Willmar, MN)

Most fabric stores... " J" and others, I can't even afford to touch their fabrics!!!!!

Normally , my hubby is very patient... but I thought he was going to have to DRAG me from the store........ I thought about throwing a tantrum.. but DH got me a Mt Dew and I calmed down! ... whew... but it was close!
    ROFL and tears falling. I can just see you having a fit. OMgosh. Poor hubby. The two WM's by me do not have fabrics so I don't have to worry. ANd becuse I live in in outlying counties, it's too far so I frequent my LQS and mail order. So glad I don't have to have a "power surge" and fan myself like you did. Hope you have settled down. Mt. Dew??? That makes me shiver. Coke is better. *H*U*G*S*

cokes are good... and I do drink coke when I can not get a Diet Dew......

I"m sure it was just low blood sugar....smile....
    DH is my "quilting enabler" we stand at the cutting table and I ask for.. 1 yard( just an example) and he ALWAYS doubls what ever I ask for.. so I always get twice as much... today tho.... when I was trying to decide on how much " military discharge paper/document/draft card " fabric for ELVIS!! (I wanted it for the Vetern things I do.. not because it was Elvis , in fact hubby found this piece) he teased me and asked if I wanted 10 yards... I thought he said 20 yards.. I told him I would meet him in the middle and ONLY get 15 yards.... took us a while to figure out HOW i was comprising and meeting him in the middle when I went UP from his " offer"... heheehehe
    shhhhhhh..... can u tell, I'm BLONDE!?
    Unless we just have a load of bulk stuff to purchase, we do not go to Walmart but once a month. and only half the time I go to the fabric store..... we normally shop in our small town, local businesses.

Blog Entries
    The Wal Mart in Cambridge MN has some fabric ... but the one in Pine City has much more!

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I found some new David's Textile fabric at Walmart last week. It's luscious! Deep reds.
    I found it too!!! Luscious describes it exactly! I am going back for more tomorrow! There was also a free pattern with it that was nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by bluteddi
    cokes are good... and I do drink coke when I can not get a Diet Dew......

I"m sure it was just low blood sugar....smile....
    DH is my "quilting enabler" we stand at the cutting table and I ask for.. 1 yard( just an example) and he ALWAYS doubls what ever I ask for.. so I always get twice as much... today tho.... when I was trying to decide on how much " military discharge paper/document/draft card " fabric for ELVIS!! (I wanted it for the Vetern things I do.. not because it was Elvis , in fact hubby found this piece) he teased me and asked if I wanted 10 yards... I thought he said 20 yards.. I told him I would meet him in the middle and ONLY get 15 yards.... took us a while to figure out HOW i was comprising and meeting him in the middle when I went UP from his " offer"... heheehehe
    shhhhhhh..... can u tell, I'm BLONDE!?
    Unless we just have a load of bulk stuff to purchase, we do not go to Walmart but once a month. and only half the time I go to the fabric store..... we normally shop in our small town, local businesses.
    This was the perfect way to end my quiet evening - laughing at you! You are a toot!