Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Once You Catch Your Breath After Christmas ... What's Your Next Project? >

Once You Catch Your Breath After Christmas ... What's Your Next Project?

Once You Catch Your Breath After Christmas ... What's Your Next Project?

Old 12-24-2011, 10:12 AM

While I continue to work on the 3 UFOs I was working on all month, my next new project is the New Year's Day mystery if I can find the darn web page again!
Old 12-24-2011, 10:16 AM

Well I don't anticipate I'll be starting anything new, I am in the midst of several WIPS. Before the end of the month I still have to do my final row for our round robin row quilt...and my homework for my year long colour class, and my homework for the Border Creek Mystery quilt so I have plenty to do when I don't even consider the several quilt tops I have on the go.

Sign ups for the winter session of quilt classes is January 7th and I've told myself I'm NOT signing up for anything...UNLESS I can get a couple of my quilt tops finished.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:44 AM

I have a big list for this next year. I got the computer/Robot for my long arm for christmas and I plan to get alot of use out of it. I am starting a new Hoffman BOM in March, I have a Judy Niemeyer quilt (Raindrops) to do, I have an applique quilt (Mexican Rose) it looks like Mexican Tiles, to do for my mother and a Sports quilt to do for my son. I hope to get some quilts stocked up for gifts for next Christmas so that I'm not stressing about getting them all finished on time next year.

Merry Christmas to all.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:54 AM

Hi Everyone, I am new here just finishing up a snowman quilt for my niece. Lookig to see if anyone else has done any themes on snowmen. looking forward to chatting. So many gorgeous quilts here! -Thank you Sandy
Old 12-24-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Treasureit View Post
I have a birthday quilt to make for a friend...and we usually get together in Feb/Mar to share our birthdays...this year she wants to go to the Road to California Quilt show with me in Jan. I need to start NOW.
I went last year and it was a great show I was inspired and made many more quilts this year but not show quilts. Gave two bed quilts, three cuddle nap quilts and a wall hanging of Mt Diablo as gifts for Christmas. Enjoy yourself.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:36 PM

I found some kitchen towels that my mother started hand embroidery on, they have little animals on them. I've had them in my craft closet since she passed in 07, but I didn't know it till I went looking for something else and found them.I want to finish those. I got a new Ott magnifying light for my birthday in November and it really helps a lot to be able to see what I'm working on.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:09 PM

I purchased a couple of pre-cut bundles at Early Bird sales in November. I will sew a "pickety sticks" quilt from a batik bundle and a "turning twenty" quilt from a beautiful fat quarter bundle consisting small florals in pinks, aqua, yellow and green.

I have been pretty disciplined about completing projects I have purchased fabric for... I don't want to get ahead of myself and I don't have a lot of storage space for bundles of fabric.

Merry Christmas and Happy quilting in the New Year
Old 12-24-2011, 08:52 PM

I have a "rescue" quilt from a garage sale. Cost $5.00. It must have been a first attempt at quilting as it was being done by hand, without a frame or hoop., just pinned together. Stitches were from almost invisible dots to larger than toe catchers. The squares didn't match at corners, but that fabric in the top is of a good quality and well worth what I paid for it. It is a king size... I need a new full size so I have taken it apart and will redo it all and probably just tie the quilt instead of quilting. Have a pile of baby quilts for charity to quilt and that comes before quilting on the redo. For your quilt, get something that really shows off the crosses, not the quilt part. Hope that helps.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:21 PM

I'm determined not to start anything new but to continue to finish up UFO's. I've made really good progress this last 1/2 of the year. I have several tops (hmm, don't we all-LOL). I'm going to start finishing them and quilting one a month.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:06 AM

I am giving tops to the grandkids so I have to quilt them starting the day after Christmas, but after that, I don't even know where to start I have so many things I want to try out and things I know I want to do, where do you start?