Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Online Fabric Source >

Online Fabric Source

Online Fabric Source

Old 03-31-2012, 05:16 PM

Default Online Fabric Source

Does anyone know of a good online source for reasonably priced fabrics? I'm asking because I've ran into a problem with my baby quilt. I've ran out of Lavendar/Lilac fabric and need more 1 1/4 inch squares of it for the quilt. I don't need a whole yard, this isn't a color that I would usually use and everywhere I look online the smallest amount you can purchase is a yard.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:25 PM

Connecting Threads! They have a great website and very reasonably priced fabrics. Right now they have quite a few fabrics at $2.96/yd....and you can buy as little as a 1/4 yd.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:26 PM

I've purchased from Connecting Threads before and was happy with their quality. Unfortuanately I don't remember what the least amount you can buy. Also Fabric Depot is a good source and I have read several times Hancock of Paducah has also was used by many quilters. It might be nice to have a little extra for just in case! Another suggestion is look in the for sale area or ask if anyone has the fabric you need. Sometimes some of us quilters will have it in our stash. Can you post a picture of the fabric you need? That way your colors will compliment your selection you have used already or others can see what fabric you are in need of.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:55 PM

Scan and post your scan. If you don't need much, probably someone can part with a little bit.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:08 PM

I'm looking for lavendar/lilac flannel or cotton fabrics that can work with these
[ATTACH=CONFIG]324293[/ATTACH]

My squares are 1 1/4 inches and I have about 1/2 of the needed 152 squares. All of the fabric doesn't have to be the same print it just has to be the right colors and not too busy. It also needs to work with pink and light blue fabrics because those are the other colors in the quilt.
Attached Thumbnails fabric1.jpg  

Last edited by flhomeschoolmom; 03-31-2012 at 07:11 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 04-01-2012, 09:03 AM

Do you also have any information from the selvage you could share? Name, company etc?
Old 04-01-2012, 12:23 PM

Try Fabric.com
Old 04-01-2012, 01:02 PM

Hello, I have some scraps of light purple in three different fabrics.. They will fit in with what you have. You'll be able to cut a good amount of squares.

Please send me a pm with your address and I'll send you the fabric, free.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:07 PM

I have no purple so I can't help you, but I did want to mention a store just found that has great prices, great selection and quick shipping. I haven't actually gotten my first order in the mail yet so I can't attest to the look once it arrives, but even if it's all scrunched up in the box, I'd be happy because the prices were very good!!

http://www.hawthornethreads.com/

I have also gotten from Fabric.com and I like them and their prices too, but the place I linked above has comparable prices to them (cheaper with quantity discounts actually), and now that Fabric.com is owned by Amazon, I enjoy supporting the little guys more (when it comes to fabric anyway), so I liked working with Hawthorne for that reason.

Best of luck!!
Rachel

Last edited by athenagwis; 04-01-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman View Post
Do you also have any information from the selvage you could share? Name, company etc?
The two outer fabrics are old, I've had them for a while and they were "scraps" that I got from a lady who used one in her kitchen and one for something she made for her grandchild, so I don't know where they originally came from and there was no pattern name. The middle one was a FQ from Wal-Mart that I purchased about a year ago to make something for my husband's grandmother, but ended up not making it.

This is a scrap quilt, I don't have to have the exact same fabrics, just the right color scheme thankfully.