Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Online fabric stores - kids fabrics recommendations >

Online fabric stores - kids fabrics recommendations

Online fabric stores - kids fabrics recommendations

Old 06-12-2023, 03:26 AM

Default Online fabric stores - kids fabrics recommendations

I was just browsing "Annie's" and looking at the so adorable patterns for kids / babies quilts, and was wondering where can you buy those fabrics? They are so bright and cheery and look like they may be bundles?

Could you recommend your favorite online shops for fabrics?

I'm trying to get back into sewing after a long stretch of not sewing after years of having sewing, and figured I'd start with potholders and cute little things. If you have been thru this, feel free to share how you got back into it.
Old 06-12-2023, 03:30 AM

I was just on The Quiltd Twins website, didn't really find what I was looking for, but they had many adorable childrens prints. As a maker of Project Linus Quilts, there is always a need for toddler and adolesent fabric. Many of their prints were only $6.99 per yard....of course there is also the shipping charge to add in.
Old 06-12-2023, 05:29 AM
Power Poster

Carolina Cotton is great place, fast shipping with decent prices on fabric as well as shipping. Lately I have been looking for 1/4 yard fabrics, suits my needs now.
Old 06-12-2023, 05:48 AM

I used to do "I spy" square swaps. I found 4my3boyz.com to be a good source. Also, Marshalldrygoods.com has lots of those kinds of fabrics regularly. They buy closeouts from major fabric companies and sell those for $6.99 per yard. You almost need to be on their email list to know when they have them.
bkay

Last edited by bkay; 06-12-2023 at 05:53 AM. Reason: added thought
Old 06-12-2023, 06:11 AM

Love Quilted Twins for all my fabric needs. Great prices, fast service (just received an order last Thursday that was placed the previous Saturday) and shipping is only $7.00.
Old 06-12-2023, 09:03 AM

I enjoy Fabric Shack. They have large icons representing each collection, and it's easy to scroll through quickly and spot the sort of fabric you want. They also have numerous categories to search by, and I believe kids fabrics are listed as one of the 'search by theme' categories. They ship free over $50, they have a fat quarter option, and their zoom gives you a very close view of the fabric.
Old 06-12-2023, 01:47 PM

Thanks Everyone! I will definitely check out these sites.
Old 06-13-2023, 04:00 AM

I'm watching this thread. I miss Fabric.com and their website design. I've had the worst luck ordering from Keepsake Quilting. Still waiting on 2 pieces of wide backing...that I ordered and paid for in February! Aaaand... 2.5 yards came 9 inches too short. Who measures each piece ordered online?? Not me. Until now. I will visit your suggestions.
Old 06-13-2023, 04:56 AM

I shop a lot of different source depending on what I'm looking for and on-going sales/closeouts.

Missouri Star
Jordan's Fabrics
Fat Quarter Shop
Connecting Threads
Bear Creek Quilting
Keepsake Quilting
Green Fairy Quilts
Thousands of Bolts
Hancocks-paducah
Marshalls
Shabby Fabrics

The list goes on and on. I'll be watching this thread to see where else others shop. I enjoy looking at new (to me) sites for fabric. What I spend in shipping, I usually save in gas. LOL.
Old 06-14-2023, 04:06 AM

Haven't really ordered a lot over the years from this company, but I just placed an order from Thousands of Bolts for fabric on sale @ $3.99 per yard. I'll be using these in toddler quilts for Project Linus. Other customers rave about this place, I can only keep my fingers crossed.