Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Online shop help for kits

Online shop help for kits

I tend to use online shops as I'm not thrilled with the prices or selection in this area. I have to make a baby quilt. The shower is in 2 months....well, I think it's closer to 6 weeks. I don't have the time to take a fabric trip at the moment. I have never used a kit before, but I've heard good things about them. Looking for a safari animal kit. What sites do you guys use for kits? Also, what are the average prices for baby kits?

Thank you all so much!

Melissa
    Proud mom/step-mom to 8 children. We promote awareness of Autism and Huntington's Disease. Please pm me if interested in sending Campbell's Soup Labels or box tops which we collect for our kids' schools.

Blog Entries
    Don't know if they have any "safari kits", but check Connecting Threads and/or Keepsake Quilting. They may have something you can use.

I didn't think of connecting threads. I'm looking through keepsake now. Shhhh....don't tell the boss!
    Proud mom/step-mom to 8 children. We promote awareness of Autism and Huntington's Disease. Please pm me if interested in sending Campbell's Soup Labels or box tops which we collect for our kids' schools.

I just received a catalog from hearthsidequilts.com. They do lots of kits not sure of animal prints. Teresa

Fat Quarter Shop has nice kits too!

You could put together your own kit easily from this link.

http://www.bugfabric.com/safari_animals.htm
    Heather

http://www.kikiquilts.com/index.php?...oducts_id=1626

Looked at a couple sites that I did a quick search for "safari quilt kits". This one is on sale and would be quick to do if you FMQ. I did a panel that had a print of animals and outlined the animals in black thread, maybe outlined the eyes, some other details depending on time. Did not take as much time as piecing.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post

Nice site but I wish they had larger pics of the fabric...some of those I "think" I would love...lol

Quote Originally Posted by mpeters1200 View Post
    I tend to use online shops as I'm not thrilled with the prices or selection in this area. I have to make a baby quilt. The shower is in 2 months....well, I think it's closer to 6 weeks. I don't have the time to take a fabric trip at the moment. I have never used a kit before, but I've heard good things about them. Looking for a safari animal kit. What sites do you guys use for kits? Also, what are the average prices for baby kits?

Thank you all so much!

Melissa
    I've never gotten anything from this shop (I keep meaning to order something & then I get buys & forge... LOL!) but I know several people who have & they swear by this... good prices, large selectin & especially for little people. I'm not affiliated with this... just trying to help. Keep us posted.

http://www.fabriccafe.com/cgi-bin/co...&category=KITS
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post

I bookmarked this search today. I was perusing safari animals at this exact site. I'm not sure the color scheme is right. I am going to ask the boss if the color scheme on the card is the same as the border they got for the bedroom. If it is, then I have the exact colors already, I just have to find their fabric partners!

You guys rock. I'm going to answer your responses individually cause it's easier to keep track of them that way. Keepsake quilting...I think, had one on sale. I emailed it to myself. It's the closest thing I've found so far. I'll post the link when I go through my emails.

Quote Originally Posted by yngldy View Post
    http://www.kikiquilts.com/index.php?...oducts_id=1626

Looked at a couple sites that I did a quick search for "safari quilt kits". This one is on sale and would be quick to do if you FMQ. I did a panel that had a print of animals and outlined the animals in black thread, maybe outlined the eyes, some other details depending on time. Did not take as much time as piecing.

Good luck!
    This one is in 2nd place so far. I don't FMQ and prefer the piecing part of it. But...since it's a baby quilt I can't put all the work into hand quilting I normally would. Probably echo or in the ditch quilting by machine for a baby quilt. I forgot all about how to quilt it, so thank you for the reminder!

Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    I've never gotten anything from this shop (I keep meaning to order something & then I get buys & forge... LOL!) but I know several people who have & they swear by this... good prices, large selectin & especially for little people. I'm not affiliated with this... just trying to help. Keep us posted.

http://www.fabriccafe.com/cgi-bin/co...&category=KITS
    Probably won't work for this project, but I was completely drooling all over the not baby size kits. Bookmarked that site for further perusal when I'm not concentrating on one project.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts View Post
    Fat Quarter Shop has nice kits too!
    Yes, they have a lot of gorgeous kits. Nothing for this project, but I love buying their fabric. Nice to go back to that shop to look around. Lots to drool over. Managed to buy some things I didn't realize I needed and none of them are good for this quilt. All this probes is that I am easily enabled....heee hee

Quote Originally Posted by stampinteresa View Post
    I just received a catalog from hearthsidequilts.com. They do lots of kits not sure of animal prints. Teresa
    No animal prints, however, they have a very reasonably priced DWR kit that is seriously tempting for hubby's next anniversary gift. I've wanted to make one forever, but I can't find reasonable templates and I'm kinda scared to do a pattern that intense that is mostly template cut. Die cuts would be perfect and well worth the money.

While I'm not findiing a lot for the baby boy in question, it's been great to get the create juices flowing again. Been in a bit of a funk this winter.

crafttownfabrics has lots of kits, they have been in business over 40 years, very reliable Quilt shop.

Try www.clotilde.com
    They don't have alot of kits but have some really cute baby patterns.