Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: OOPS need advice

Blog Entries

OOPS need advice

Hi Everyone....whew I survived the Tax season, many long days and late nights but I made it through lol...anyways, first time back in the sewing room and I made a oops...I've made this silly quilt 3 times before and I messed up this time...I'm making the Shadow Box quilt
    ....Anyhooooo, the windows are cut at 5"x20.5 right...so I'm trimming away and what have I done...I've cut some of my windows at 5 by 20"...so my question is should I just keep cutting them at 20" long or scrap those pieces Okie dokie fellow quilters advice please......

Blog Entries
    i would make them all 20" and plan on my finished being 19.5 instead of 20"==adjust as needed (depending on how many i cut wrong)-if there is only a couple and it wont effect having enough fabric i might set them aside, cut the correct size-and use the incorrect ones for something else, borders or something...if i've cut more than a couple i would just adjust the pattern for blocks 1/2" smaller
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    i would cut them 20" and add a border if you need to meet a particular overall size
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Power Poster
    I would cut the rest of the windows the same and adjust the shadows and background accordingly. I have seen several different sized window quilts and they all look nice.

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone I think that's what I should do...just cut them all 20" in length...it doesn't effect any other parts of the pattern pieces...just the windows will be shorter...Oh hum oopsy right off the start lol...all will turn out I hope...

I agree to go with the 20" blocks. We will want to see a picture when it is finished -- I love the look of shadow box quilts!

Blog Entries
    Keep going no point wasting your time or fabric.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Agree with the others. Shadow box is a very forgiving pattern.