Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Opinions and assistance please - Mega Quilter and Inspira frame >

Opinions and assistance please - Mega Quilter and Inspira frame

Opinions and assistance please - Mega Quilter and Inspira frame

Old 11-11-2012, 06:28 AM

Hello Elizabeth,
Sorry i didn't reply sooner, just saw this. I did not end up buying the Mega Quilter because the poster on kijiji never responded to me. I did however buy a Janome 1600 PQC on a Little Gracie II frame. I paid $1800 total and it was about a year old. Still had the original box etc. I also got the stitch regulator (stop/start button thing you velcro onto handles, not a true stitch regulator that controls stitch length based on your movement) included, some extra bobbins and oil. The stop/start thing costs about $85 from Grace company. If I can help in any way, just PM me.
GEMRM
Old 11-11-2012, 06:31 AM

As for the laser, I didn't get one included, but DH found a battery operated laser light gizmo at Harbour Freight for $5. It can be attached to the trolley or machine either by magnet, sticky tape or screws and you can adjust angle of light to follow the line of your pantograph.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by elizabeth_agd View Post
Hi GEMRM,
I am from SWOntario also. I am looking into a 9" Mega Quilter and Inspira Frame also. It is 3 years old and includes a laser. They are asking $2500 (she paid $4,000 for it when bought). Is this a good price? What did you get the set you purchased for? Many thanks!!
You can get the 9" Mega quilter for 6 to 8 hundred so that means you are paying most of the money for the frame. I was just offered 400 for the same mega quilter from my LQS; that is the price listing that comes from Viking. I have used mine less than 20 hrs and would have taken a 600 price lost. It only cost 1000 a yr ago. I hope this helps in deciding what to do.