Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Opinions, Please, About 505 adhesive spray

SORRY BUT IT IS NOT THE ONLY SAFE ONE ON THE MARKET.....

Did not have any odor when I used it and I used almost the whole can. Heat activated so once you spray the fabric and layer your quilt, iron it so it becomes bonded.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You are going to love it, when I decided I wanted to learn to quilt, when I was still working, I bought four big cans of basting spray, and I am so glad I did, as I could not buy it now. It is the very best investment. God bless.

Walmart has adhesive spray and I would like to find out if anyone has used these two products. Your input please.

Elmers Craft Bond Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive.
    11 ounce can $5.97

Scotch Super 77 Multi-Purpose Adhesive.
    10.75 ounce can $8.97

As you can see, these products are far cheaper than the 505 which I cannot find locally. I stated earlier that I found a company which sells a good size can for about $13 but the shipping is $10+. How crazy is that? And I can't always buy more than one can at a time to save on shipping.

I used the Dritz spray adhesive and was really pleased with the results. It has held together very well and I am able to maneuver the entire quilt under the throat of my machine and the layers are staying put. I purchased the Dritz at JA for $11 with coupon. No gum on the machine and easy to clean up with soap and water. I had to iron to activate the bonding process, but hey, that's ok for me. No fumes whatsoever.

I know nothing replaces a great product, but there are others out there that work just as well or close to the best and are easier on the pocketbook. I have to cut corners but won't use a product if it damages my machine or will become more of a headache to use than it's worth. Just trying to stretch my dollar if I can.

Has anyone used the two products listed above?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2