Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Opinions on products please

Opinions on products please

Am looking for opinions on the SewLine white marking pencil and the bars for making bias stems for applique.
    Thank you and Happy Quilting!!

Blog Entries
    I use SewLine marking pencils all the time and have never had a problem. I've never used bias bars though.
    Bernie

I love ALL the Sew Line pencils - you wouldn't believe the stack of marking things I have that don't work, but Sew Line pencils are great.

I only use bias bars when I don't have a "close enough" size in the Clover bias tape folders. Those are so easy and you can "fudge" with them a little to make the tape wider than it is at the exit point of the folder. Just don't press the folded tape as soon as it comes out of the folder - hold the iron a couple of inches away. The bias bars work fine, but they're hard to get a nice sharp edge on them, as you can with the bias tape folders.

Blog Entries
    I agree about the bias bars. I prefer using the Clover bias tape thingies too.

I use the bias bars, and love them. They come in all different sizes, so if you need a tiny little stem for a flower, its so easy. I have also used them to make a trellis border around a quilt. I had to make alot of them for that, but using the bias bars made it really much faster. And no seams ever show!!

I recently bought the Sewline pencils and I think I am going to love them. I haven't used them yet. I have used my bias bars, and I really like them. I couldn't get the Clover bias maker to work right, although I have used one in the past and liked it just fine. I do prefer the bias bars though.
    Sue