Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Organ or Schmetz needles for a Janome 6600P??? >

Organ or Schmetz needles for a Janome 6600P???

Organ or Schmetz needles for a Janome 6600P???

Old 11-15-2013, 12:55 PM

I always use Organ needles in my 6600.I used any thread too....it's a great machine.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:41 PM

I use organ needles for everything. sewing, quilting & embroidering, even the titanium & really like them. Also in Janome machine we have on quilting frame.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:00 PM
Banned

When I bought a new car the dealer told me to use only Shell gas. Do u think I believed him and did it. ....lol. If you believe that I wonder about you. Now think of it this way. What needles were used in Janome machines before they started branding their own. There is a reason some needles are called Universal. I have to chuckle about some stuff we quilters are told we have to use or do. Guess I should start using only Correlle in my microwave. Makes me wonder if they designed the machine to fit the needle or needle to fit the machine. If we put a Janome, a Bernina, a Schmitz needle side by side under a microscope they would probably look the same.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:53 AM

Schmetz on my Janome. Schmetz Topstitch needles for free motion quilting. I did try the Janome Topstitch, but the eye is much smaller than the Schmetz ones - using the latter makes a big difference.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:27 AM
Administrator

Most brands of needles will stitch well enough in most machines. However, my personal assessment of whether or not a needle "works" in my machine is based on whether or not the needle will work the the built-in needle threader. if the needle's eye and the little wire thingy on the threader don't line up, the threader can't pull the thread thru the eye.

my Janome 6600P worked very well with both Schmetz and Organ brand needles.
(i read somewhere that Janome brand needles are actually manufactured by the Organ folks.)

i can also use either brand in my Janome MC11000.

Oddly, though, I found that only Organ/Janome needles work with the needle threader in my Janome MC8900. I also found that I get better results with the Organ/Janome needles when i'm stippling. The thread kept breaking until i switched to Organ needles.

Good thing that Organ brand is usually less expensive than Schmetz. LOL
Old 11-17-2013, 05:25 AM

I read on the janome forum that organ makes janome needles
Old 11-17-2013, 05:31 AM
Power Poster

I ordered some sewing machine needles from Av*****h Su*****s from EBAY. They called and said they didn't have the size I ordered. Would I want some size 16s? It was a good price so I said yes. One needle shaft was deformed and would not go in the machine. I tried several different machines. Some of the needles shred the thread, some skip stitches and some broke thread. I can't return the needles because they only had a 5 or 10 day return policy. Beware of cheap needles - they may have bad quality control.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:38 AM

A great place to buy reasonably priced needles is discountembroiderysupply.com. They have a great selection. Both Organ and Schmetz needles are fine to use in a Janome.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:47 AM

I think using the correct size and type is more important than the brand name. I've used Janome, Organ, Schmetz, Universal and Superior needles in my Janome 6600 as well as my other three Janome machines.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:47 AM

I love my 6600 and use Superior or Schmetz. Never have a problem with either one