Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Organization-how do you do it? >

Organization-how do you do it?

Organization-how do you do it?

Old 07-29-2010, 12:54 PM

here is the link for table in case I forgot to give it www.buyonlinenow.com/viewproduct.asp?SKU=SAF1935GR
Old 07-30-2010, 12:26 PM

Hi, I'm new to this web site and like it lots. I arrange my fabrics the same way you do, in the same wire baskets, only I have some baskets from Ikea and they are not quite as good, since they have smaller baskets, but they work in my closets.

The baskets that you have are great and I wish I had more of them. I like to make them half as tall and then I can roll them under my cutting table and make use of all that dead space.

Jan
Old 07-30-2010, 12:26 PM

Hi, I'm new to this web site and like it lots. I arrange my fabrics the same way you do, in the same wire baskets, only I have some baskets from Ikea and they are not quite as good, since they have smaller baskets, but they work in my closets.

The baskets that you have are great and I wish I had more of them. I like to make them half as tall and then I can roll them under my cutting table and make use of all that dead space.

Jan
Old 07-30-2010, 06:26 PM
Banned

I like how you have it. God bless. Penny
Old 08-11-2010, 07:09 AM
MNM

Originally Posted by Juliebelle
I have mine like yours all the cottons are done on the comic boards and sorted by color in my wire baskets in racks and fat quarters and charm packs in baskets, 1/2 yards are in baskets too. I have 2 containers of scraps and 1 basket that I keep on the floor for larger leftover pieces. Just re arranged my area so it is really clean now, I also got one of the Safeco tables with the adjustable shelf to set my machine on, works great I will post pics tomorrow :)
Do you actually sew in this room, where is all the thread that should be on the floor. I see 6 cans of spray starch, my DH thinks 3 is waaaay over the limit. It must be a pleasure to sew in such a neat room. I am just envious of you neatness. I sew in great chaos. The only time I get my room clean is when the grand kids are coming and they get to sleep in my sewing room other wise no one goes in ther but me.

MNM Central Calif
Old 08-11-2010, 08:44 AM

Do you actually sew in this room, where is all the thread that should be on the floor. I see 6 cans of spray starch, my DH thinks 3 is waaaay over the limit. It must be a pleasure to sew in such a neat room. I am just envious of you neatness. I sew in great chaos. The only time I get my room clean is when the grand kids are coming and they get to sleep in my sewing room other wise no one goes in ther but me.

MNM Central Calif[/quote]

Yes I actually do sew up there and it can get bad when I am in middle of a project, but I am a little obsessive and I usually will put most everything away at the end of the day. This is also our bonus room so my 4 year grandson plays his video games up there so that is another reason I try to keep my thing put away. The one thing I am lazy about is how often I vacuum up there usually only monthly. ha ha

:)
Old 08-14-2010, 06:44 PM

I wish my fabric was all in one place. I have my fabric in cardboard boxes in my bed room,downstairs in a 4 drawer chest and in plastic boxes. My hubby is making me a room in our basement. Ir seems to be taking forever.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:12 AM

I love it. I keep mine in showbox size totes, but am looking for something different. I think that will be my birthday present to myself this year! Some form of an organized sewing area!