Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
organizing fabric, help please >

organizing fabric, help please

organizing fabric, help please

Old 02-28-2012, 08:54 PM

Thank you everyone for all your good ideas. I'm so mixed up with all of this fabric, I'm going crazy. I have 2 closets full and some on bolts on the floor in each closet.
Most of the fabric has been given to me when my dear friend pass away, she was my quilting buddy and her hubby keeps fimding more and more. I knew she loved her fabric but never dreamed that there was so much. I have given a lot to our church who makes quilts for children, so have got rid of a lot that way. now to just get organized.

I went to the dollar store and got one of the form boards that someone here talked about here, it is 20x30 and I cut then into 4 pieces, I cut them the size that would fit on the shelves in the closet, 13x10 I could fold the fabric in half as it came off the bolt and it would fit nice, but after doing the 4 I think it will take up more room then if I just fold all the fabric and lay it on the shelves. Maybe I need to just close the door and walk away for a little while, and try another time. LOl
Anyway Thank you all for your help. If I ever get it all the fabric put away I'll take a picture and let your see how pretty it looks ...I hope!