Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
original grace quilting frame >

original grace quilting frame

original grace quilting frame

Old 10-16-2011, 06:58 AM

My frame took 6 hours to put togather and it was a man who makes a living doing this. Cost me $150 for delivery and setup and it was worth it. It came in 4 large boxes.
Mine is a Grace metal Imperial frame that adjusts from crib to king.
Since you are getting it free it must have been assembled before and would still have some of it put togather. They take a million screws.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:05 AM

Thanks for all your comments - I really appreciate all the help that we get from members of this board. I guess my post wasn't very clear in what I wrote. #1 - it was not advertised and I will have the instruction booklet and have since checked the Grace website. #2 - it has all the different size poles with leaders #3 By ease - I guess I meant being able to move the machine around instead of struggling with the weight of the quilt on my 6600 (which at least has a 9 inch throat). #4 - I do realize I will have limited quilting space but until I can afford a LA machine its what I have to use. #5 I do - understand that loading and advancement are required and take some time. #6 Since most of what I do are quilts for charity, the quilting does not have to be elaborate. I can get the basics down, practice on more elaborate smallish designs and then, maybe, someday I can become half as good as so many on this board (I know I'll never make it to Charisma's level as she is in a class by herself).
Thanks again for all your comments and help - Carol
Old 10-16-2011, 07:27 AM

I think it will be a perfect system for you. Just learning the basics and doing simple meanders or loops is the perfect practice and all the skills you learn on the "little" system will transfer to the bigger ones.