Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Other quilt blocks

Other quilt blocks

I am working on a bento block quilt. For a king size I need 64 blocks )32 each kind. After making 30 blocks yesterday I needed a change but I still was not ready to leave my sewing machine. Does anyone else have this problem? I think that is why I have four or five different quilts started.
    Hi ho, Hi ho, it's off to sew I go!

Oh yes, I frequently change projects mid stream. I have a to do list with everything from cutting up scraps to quilting the quilt. It's handy to have them in different stages. Variety is the spice of life.

Power Poster
    ​Yes, a repetitive quilt block can get pretty boring. I switch between projects and sometimes throw in something small and fun to the mix.

Yes, I'm the same way. I'm working on a quilt right now but it's made from 2 different blocks. One is a star & the other is a log cabin. So, when I get tired of making star blocks I switch to the log cabins. That way I can spend more time at the machine without getting bored.

Blog Entries
    I usually make it through the whole top, but then I make a different one and then......

You're lucky to only have 4 or 5 other quilts started....just saying! I get bored easily so it's nice to multitask on other projects
    Lori

I work until I get one finished. I don't have enough storage for unfinished quilts. Out of sight out of mind.
    Too I am always anxious to finish so I can see the full top. Different strokes for different folks.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

My wife and I also have QADD (Quilter Attention Deficit Disorder). We have eight in process right now.

Quote Originally Posted by wesing View Post
    My wife and I also have QADD (Quilter Attention Deficit Disorder). We have eight in process right now.
    same here

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158 model 1914/. 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s/ HQSweetSixteen

Blog Entries
    Add me to that list too

I, too, belong on the list!
    Retired teacher, loving it.
    Love quilting also.

Yep, I have a few quilts in progress at a time. Then, I'll get a 'bug' to to get them finished so I can start another new one
    Lynn

Guess so. I have several in the works and I want them all finished right now. lol.

That is only one of my bad habits.

Add me to the QADD list. I have several projects going, in different stages. And always have new ones in mind! lol
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Somehow QADD really sounds better than UFO. I guess that's why I have so many. I'm changing to QADD sounds better. However, in due time they all get finished!
    SEW MUCH FUN!

I read Don Asslett's book, "Is There Life After Housework." He suggests that a great way to get things done is to work on several projects at at time. Work on one project for a while, then move to the next, to the next, etc. Then when you come back around to the first one, it feels like a fresh project. This way you don't get bored with the task, and it doesn't become monotonous.

On the other hand... I made the mistake of cataloging all of my started projects, and I had 75! That was a long time ago, and I've tried to get out of that habit.
    Annette in Utah

I have two quilts in the works now (a large one and wall quilt) and a jacket that I'm designing in my mind.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Count me in. Two weeks ago I was working on an autumn-colored string quilt, got bored with that after tea-dying a bunch of blocks, and switched to a floral hunters star. Thirty-six blocks in I am bored with that, so may switch to the Easter Bunny quilt that I started last year but didn't finish in time for Easter. I do not, however, get bored with reorganizing my fabric stash - there's always something new to discover that I forgot I had.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.