Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ott Lite Question Lexington Floor Lamp >

Ott Lite Question Lexington Floor Lamp

Ott Lite Question Lexington Floor Lamp

Old 06-03-2014, 09:32 AM

Default Ott Lite Question Lexington Floor Lamp

I have the Lexington model and the bulb falls out! This is a replacement bulb that I ordered direct from ott-lite. I've contacted the company and after sending pictures of the socket, the bulb, the bulb in the socket, their suggestion was to buy a replacement socket from them and have the lamp rewired. My question...has anyone had the bulb just fall out of the socket? The bulb doesn't "click" when it goes in, the bulb's tabs don't seem to extend past the interior socket tabs. I love this lamp and don't understand what is going on. By the way, Ott-lite will sell me the socket after I sign and return their liability waiver. (another reason I am hesitant to do this.)
Old 06-03-2014, 09:37 AM
Power Poster

WOW, I have 4 lamps made by them and never had a problem like that occur. Can you take it back from where you bought it?? I had a problem with the standard Ott bulb not fitting into the lamp. Customer Service told me I need to buy a special bulb that would fit that lamp (which was also very expensive and could only be bought directly from them). My best friend who can fix anything looked at both lamps and just drill out two small sections and now I can use the standard Ott bulb.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:45 AM

I don't have the receipt and couldn't even tell you how long I've had the lamp. I had to replace the original bulb b/c it broke. I have two other lamps and so far there hasn't been a problem (now I've probably jinxed myself)
Old 06-03-2014, 09:48 AM

Sounds like poor company support. Joanns frequently has 1/2 on Ott lights. Does anyone know if they get seconds so they can sell for a lower price? I haven't had trouble with my floor lamp but have had trouble turning on the desk lamp I bought my husband.