Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: ? for owners of Juki TL2010Q

? for owners of Juki TL2010Q

I recently got this machine and really like how she sewed right out of the box. The 1/4" piecing foot with quide that she came with though, only gives straight 1/4" seams, not scant 1/4" seams, and I am wondering if others have found another foot for the scant 1/4" seam?
    Thanks
    Joan

Blog Entries
    Don't think there is one. You will need to either move the needle a bit to the right, or, if that's not possible, mark your machine bed with tape to guide your fabric. The problem is that this will vary depending on the fabric you use (cotton? blend? Flannel?) and the weight of your thread. Here's a great tutorial to check the seam for the project you are working on:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...ce-t89997.html
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Have you used her for FMQ yet? I'd love to hear more about your new girl.

The Juki is a straight stitch machine,so can't move the needle. I am new to FMQ, but I have been practicing and it is so much easier than with my other sewing machine.