Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Owwwwwieeee!!! >

Owwwwwieeee!!!

Owwwwwieeee!!!

Old 02-08-2011, 09:33 PM

The next time you burn youself immediately put Soy Sauce on the burn. In just a few seconds the hurt will stop and although the the burn will turn red it will not blister. Your skin at the burn site may peel off sort of like a sun burn does after a few days but it will not get sore. I know this sounds silly but it does work.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:35 PM

So sorry that happened to you. This is going to sound weird but I've tried it and it works! Put mustard on it. Take it straight out of fridge and slather it on. After it dries, no pain and usually no blisters.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Maggie_1963
:mrgreen:
Well, after a long morning of helping my SIL groom lots of dogs, I came home, wet, cleaned up, ate some lunch, and said, "oh boy, now I can sew", so headed to my sewing room, plugged in the iron, sorted some strips to make some gifts out of scraps with, when I am pressing small things like that, I swivel around in my chair, and press without having to stand. So, I swiveled, reached for the iron, it was turned around backwards and I burned 4 pads on my left fingers (not thumb)! After a few choice words, I ran to the bathroom and ran under cold water for 5 min. Got the most beautiful blisters you ever saw! :XD: But do you think that stopped me? Uhhh...NO! Made some cute little gifts, will post pics tomorrow, so stay tuned..for those of you in TX, bundle up! Mr. Icicle is bearing his teeth again! No worky tommorrow! Yeah!!!!
in the doctor's column in our paper, several people have been singing the praises of cold yellow mustard on burns. Tonight my finger slipped off my hot pad and got burned on the oven rack. I immediately put mustard on it--wrapped in a paper towel for a few minutes. What should now be a blistered fingertip is normal. Can't believe I burned it.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:41 PM

Shaving creme works well for burns too. Especially the menthol kind. I use it anytime I burn myself. (which lately has been often) Put it on and leave it there until the pain stops. You can literally feel it pull the heat out. When the pain stops rinse with cold water. If it still hurts, repeat the process until it doesn't hurt anymore. But don't let it dry on your skin. The first time I heard this I thought it was the craziest thing to do, but it works. A friend had a pressure cooker blow up on her and her husband soaked her in shaving creme before he took her to the ER. The doctor said the shaving creme is what really saved her from a very serious situation. Sorry about your burn...they hurt sooo bad...
Old 02-08-2011, 09:41 PM

in the doctor's column in our paper, several people have been singing the praises of cold yellow mustard on burns. Tonight my finger slipped off my hot pad and got burned on the oven rack. I immediately put mustard on it--wrapped in a paper towel for a few minutes. What should now be a blistered fingertip is normal. Can't believe I burned it.[/quote]

Yep, see my post right above yours. My boyfriend insisted I try this about a week ago, bad burn from touching a hot pan handle. I could not believe it! It was red and later peeled but there was no pain and no blister.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by bodie358
in the doctor's column in our paper, several people have been singing the praises of cold yellow mustard on burns. Tonight my finger slipped off my hot pad and got burned on the oven rack. I immediately put mustard on it--wrapped in a paper towel for a few minutes. What should now be a blistered fingertip is normal. Can't believe I burned it.
Yep, see my post right above yours. My boyfriend insisted I try this about a week ago, bad burn from touching a hot pan handle. I could not believe it! It was red and later peeled but there was no pain and no blister.[/quote]

I don't know why it has to be cold. I told my hubby to put a jar in his fridge in the barn. He welds and stuff, and gets burned at times.

I honestly can not even see where I burned my fingertip
Old 02-08-2011, 10:36 PM

Boy this is one I have to remember. I don't have soy sauce but I have plenty of yellow mustard in the fridge. I'll have to tell my kids about this one. Thanks.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:54 AM

So sorry you burned yourself.

Just like getting poked with needles, I guess it comes with the trade.

I'm glad it didn't take away your desire to sew!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:15 AM

Fresh aloe is good too. Slice a leaf open & rub the gel on. It'll be sort of green a slimy for a few minutes, then it dries & the pain is gone. I use fresh aloe for all burns.