Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Paducah Fabric >

Paducah Fabric

Paducah Fabric

Old 02-04-2011, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by sewwhat85
that seems a little underhanded why would they change from by the yard
I agree, I've yet to come across a store where I am at that is doing the "1/4" yard rip off. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for this fabric virus, LOL.

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress
Old 02-04-2011, 11:05 AM

I personally think this is just a marketing technique to get the buyer thinking they are getting a good deal...Just saying... :)

I have bought fabric from them and their customer service excellent for me....

Sandi
Old 02-04-2011, 11:22 AM

Unit pricing for fabric is not new, it is not underhanded, it is not a marketing 'fool the customer' trick nor a rip off nor a marketing technique to get the buyer thinking they are getting a good deal and it is certainly not a fabric virus.

The reason for it was explained clearly and with precision by QKO in another thread recently. It is a function of the shopping cart software that online websites use. No one is out to get you, trick you, dupe you or scam you. Merchants are not that stupid and they certainly don't think their customers are either! http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-93347-1.htm
Old 02-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Power Poster

they have been selling that way for a number of years...my darling daughter about 5 years ago was on their site...thought she was getting a fabulous deal...ordered what she thought was 15 yards of fabric for 5.95 a yard...surprise surprise...it was 11.90 a yard! some deal. i've only ran across a couple shops who do this and i just avoid them...seems...sneaky-underhanded to me.

Originally Posted by Sew and Sew 2
Just went to Hancock of Paducah to order fabric. Has been a while and I notice that all the prices are now 1/2 yard increments. Are all the fabric places going to be doing this? What other online stores are doing this? It is like going to the grocery store and buying your favorite products just to find out the price is the same but the packaging is smaller.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:59 AM

I saw a gas station in a tourist area in Maine try that. Their price by the road looked great but..when you got to the pump, it was only for a 1/2 gallon. Needless to say, they changed their ways quickly (and sold the business, I think, too).