Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Paducah Quilt Show >

Paducah Quilt Show

Paducah Quilt Show

Old 04-25-2011, 02:59 PM

I am looking forward to the bus trip to the Show! A LQS sponsors daily bus trips to the show! The bus leaves at 6 AM and we get to ride in comfort, not worry about parking, and rest on the way home. I have gone for several years and always enjoy the beauty and diversity of the quilts shown there. The crowds, not so much, but a necessary part of the show.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:35 PM

As you all may know there has been a tremendous amount of rain here in the Midwest. The Paducah Quilt Show will go on, but with some changes of location throughout the city. The Convention Center where it is usually held is on the WRONG SIDE OF THE FLOOD WALL. Yes, you read that correctly. I think most would call this poor planning which occurred many years ago. I haven't been able to trace back to when, who, and why this ever happened. But, fear not,the Show will go on, and although different...it may even be better.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:14 PM

My hubby and I are heading to Paducah from NY State on Wednesday but now all I hear on the news is the possible flooding of the Ohio River.
I am calling tomorrow to see what's going on as it's a 900 mile trip for us.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:51 PM

Location: Winter/South Florida;Summer/anywhere & everywhere North

My son, his girlfriend and I are planning to drive from South Florida on Wednesday so I'm definitely checking before heading out. I don't want to miss my first time at the show but if its flooded out........
Old 04-26-2011, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Izaquilter
After all these years of going I've been booted out of motels/hotels to the point it's almost impossible to find a place to stay. They would rather take bus tours than people that have been coming to their motels for yrs prior. It just keeps getting harder & harder to get there.
I try to make reservations while in Paducah for the next year's show and I'm told at every hotel/motel they don't take reservations that far in advanced. I have to call the first of the next year. And I call Jan 1 and they tell me no vacancies, everything is booked.! That's okay, I can stay out of town and pay 1/2 what the downtown rates are during the quilt show.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

AQS is posting updates on their facebook page about Paducah quilt show.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by g-maquilts
My husband also enjoys sitting in a tree freezing. I told him if he took a camera at least at the end of the day he would always have something. Whereas I always have something after my hunting trips. LOL
My husband, too, enjoys sitting in a tree in the freezing cold. He often does take his camera because sometimes that pictures are the only thing he brings home.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:16 AM

Welcome to the board! I love your avitar btw! I am fortunate enough to live in Houston TX, and 2010 was my very first show to attend, since I've only been quilting for a little over a year now. But I'd love to go to the quilt museum in KY! They're making one in Texas, should open soon and I look forward to going there as well. Maybe KY someday...
Oh, and my mother calls the day after Thanksgiving her Hunting Day! Me, I'd rather sew...
Old 04-26-2011, 06:10 PM

Manly,
I love the barn quilt. I'll show this to my husband, and maybe he'll get the fever, too. We could sure use one of those.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:18 PM

Bonnie P.

My friends and I went up to Hancock's and the Mall for a little preview. The whole city/town of Paducah has come together to literally move the whole show from one location to the Mall area, and Downtown. I think all will be fine as far as the show goes. Should be good....and where do you find so many happy women in one spot?

Have to sort of agree about the hotel problems around here. For next year check on the B&B's out by the Lakes. We do need more lodging here.

At present, it is raining again, so be sure to check the highways if you're coming from the east. I know that Louisville has had lots of rain. If you can get here the flood walls are up, and I don't think we'll need swim fins to get around. Thurs and Fri are supposed to be nice weather.