Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pajama Days

Blog Entries
    It's a pajama day for me today. DH is out of town, DD2 won't be home tonight because she is staying with a friend. I was able to sleep in this morning and still haven't gotten out of my pajamas. Two blissful days of quilting for me and I don't have to get dressed, cook any meals, or do the laundry or dishes! Do any of you ever take pajama days when the opportunity arises? I'm working on the quilted jacket posted in the tutorial section. You'll find it here:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-102578-1.htm

Here is my project in the beginning stages.

Blue Batiks for Jacket
    Name:  Attachment-173926.jpe
Views: 26
Size:  56.5 KB

Blog Entries
    I LOVE pajama days (laughter). I do this at least once a month for my health and well being. Good for you and congratulations on your pajama day; you are taking good care of you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rose L
    It's a pajama day for me today. DH is out of town, DD2 won't be home tonight because she is staying with a friend. I was able to sleep in this morning and still haven't gotten out of my pajamas. Two blissful days of quilting for me and I don't have to get dressed, cook any meals, or do the laundry or dishes! Do any of you ever take pajama days when the opportunity arises? I'm working on the quilted jacket posted in the tutorial section. You'll find it here:

You are working with some beautiful fabrics. Beautiful.

My hubby is home every evening. So 5 or 6 days a week I do breakfast, pack his lunch, fix my own lunch later, fix supper at night. No vacation from cooking!

I've got a slew of what most of you would call "house dresses" Night gowns if you want to call them that or very simple dresses if you'd like to call them that----------so I don't get "dressed" unless i'm going out.

Pajama day or sweat pants day as my girls like to call it, is my favorite day!! Money can't buy that kind of therapy!! Have the Best Time!!

I love pajama days!

I am still in my jammmies and to heck with getting dressed at this time of day if hubby doesn't like it he can ignore me!!

Blog Entries
    I love those batiks!!

Yay! Enjoy and create!

Power Poster
    Nope, I feel better that I am dressed.

Pajama days are AWESOME!!!! I love them. I have them on most of my days off work. I live in my pj's.
    Your wip is amazing so far. Love the batiks your using :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Up North
    I am still in my jammmies and to heck with getting dressed at this time of day if hubby doesn't like it he can ignore me!!
    My DH can't stand it if I'm not dressed by 7AM. He says it makes me look lazy even though I am not, in reality, lazy at all. I just think it's wonderful when I can have a day with no responsibilities to anyone or anything. It doesn't happen often.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy granny
    I love those batiks!!
    Thank you! This is the very first time I have worked with Batiks. Looking at them on a bolt has never done much for me so I've never tried them before. Now that I have started this project and am seeing them all together in a project, well, let's just say that my horizons are expanding. LOL!

I love pajama days! Wish I had more of them.

I love jammie days! I do it when DH is out of town.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I do pj days but I still have to cook. I do it more in the winter tho.

I can only have pj days if hubby is away on business. He seems to think that it is some great sin to be downstairs not dressed and has always fussed that I hang out clothes early (before 8 o'clock) in my pink housecoat. The cows really don't care. High school girls a couple of years ago were wearing pj pants to school and DD had to sneak out without her father catching a glimpse of her. A day of sewing without anyone wanting anything is a day of pure bliss to me. Enjoy!

I love pajama days in the winter when I can where my flannels all day-if I don't have to leave the house, I have pajama weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rose L

Wonderful start to your quilt... Enjoy your relaxing, laid-back quilting days while your hubby is out of town.

I recently discovered pajama days. I always used to get dressed and then head out of the bedroom, then I had surgery and had to stay in bed for 4 weeks. Changed me I guess! I look forward to pajama days and get totally absorbed in quilting and just doing whatever I want to. Doesn't happen nearly enough though.

I have pajama days every day...do not even get dressed to go to work!!! Of course I work from home....at night!!! PJs or housedresses for me all the time unless I have to go somewhere!!! And no one to tell me otherwise!!! It is like heaven!!!

I love jammie days! Just don't get many of them! I feel very lucky to get to stay in my jammies til 10 or so once in a while. I love to play in my sewing room like that. People just don't know how addicting this hobby is! Like my most favorite day is a jammie day!

Absolutely. A weekend ago my husband was out of town. I got dressed but that is about it. Got up, got my coffee and off to the sewing room. I was there until it was time to go to bed. I loved it.

Blog Entries
    Well, it was a wonderful day! I was able to get all of my strips cut, pieced and pressed. I watched a couple of movies, ate almost nothing, and talked to some of my kids and grand kids on the phone. Tomorrow I get to do it all over again! I will be cutting the pieced strips and placing them on the sweatshirt. I hope you ALL get a pajama day very soon. ;) I will post a picture of the finished jacket as soon as I can.

Rose L

I love pj days!! So relaxing. Your jacket is going to be beautiful!

Well done you. Bet you're having such a wonderful two days. Try to be convincing when you tell your DH how much you missed him!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast