Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pam Bono >

Pam Bono

Pam Bono

Old 06-17-2011, 06:06 PM

I have never answered any questions before but I did two of her patterns. One was the High Country Pines Did a tree skirt for one of my nephew's wedding gift. The other one that I did was Heavenly Host, another Tree skirt, for another nephew's wedding gift. They both were beautiful Not that hard to do Just follow each step and don't get ahead of each step
Old 06-18-2011, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by woody
I made this one, which I think she lists as a fairly easy pattern. I have only been quilting for around 2 years and found that if you are organised it wasn't too bad. I had little bags which I put all the pieces in with a label to tell me which piece was which, and I found that to be helpful.
I purchased the cat pattern she has that are all like the cat in the first window, but just a block, not the window. I loved it so much I have made 4 already, one in blues for my dad, a couple in batiks and another in brights that were fabrics my granddaughter chose. They are so cool, love them, and you are so RIGHT, just keep the pieces organized and notice which seams really need to line up. I am going to try the rest of the cats soon.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by EasyPeezy
Originally Posted by MTS
@grandmapepsi -
The navy fabric for the swans- what is it (if you know)? The print has a FABULOUS texture.
Not grandmapepsi, but I think what you are seeing is her beautiful basting
stitches. Wish mine was that neat and regular. ;)
Thanks for the interest. The BLACK fabric does have a texture. Pic is attached. :) Have a GREAT day.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-213342.jpe  
Old 06-18-2011, 09:44 AM

Thanks for your interest. The black fabric does have a texture. I have attached a pic on another reply if you are still interested in seeing it. Think it is on page 4.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by GAgal
I just received in the mail the Saddles pattern and These Boots pattern. I plan to try the boots first. Actually the pillow with the boot first. It looks complicated, but I'm gonna tackle it with a calm spirit and see how it turns out.

Pam will be in McDonough, GA on Sept 11 for a trunk show at 1:00.
Of course she will be soon after I move. :-)
I like her patterns but I just don't have an extra 40 to spend.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by woody
I made this one, which I think she lists as a fairly easy pattern. I have only been quilting for around 2 years and found that if you are organised it wasn't too bad. I had little bags which I put all the pieces in with a label to tell me which piece was which, and I found that to be helpful.
Woody, there is not a whole lot of crap that I do not love in my life. Most of them I have divorced! I do adore these kittys. My mom and dads cat is grayish. I see steely blue eyes on this pattern. I believe that this will be an excellent 53rd wedding anniversary present for the folks. Thank you for providing new inspiration!
Old 07-13-2011, 11:57 AM

Once you organize your work, and follow the instructions, you should have no trouble. In fact I found that the blocks actually came together really fast. I have recently joined her club, and made quite a few of her 12" blocks. It took me longer to cut the pieces than it did to assemble the blocks. For the most part, I had the block together in an hour or less. Now I've been quilting for years I have to admit, but I can't imagine how these blocks she calls beginner blocks on her site are difficult. Don't let the fact that these are not 8" pieces intimidate you. You'll have something at the end that doesn't look like all the other stuff that's out there now, and be really proud of what you made. I made her Out of the Darkness quilt, and yes, that is more advanced, but I have to say I get a big smile on my face every time I walk into my guest room and see it.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:39 AM

Default Pam Bono Saddles pattern

I realize that your post is over 2 years old, however, I am looking for the Pam Bono "Saddles" pattern for a special project. You wouldn't happen to still have it and be interested in selling it? I don't even care if it's not in the best of conditions. Please let me know. Thanks
Old 09-30-2013, 05:22 PM

This is Breezing By, Pam Bono.

i ended up rewriting the directions in a manner that made sense for me. They can be confusing but I love her creativity. This quilt was a raffle in 2005 for a museum I am involved in. (Hot air balloon festival)I secured permission from Pam to use the pattern for the raffle. I am finishing up one for me now.

Sandy
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg