Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
panel challenge >

panel challenge

panel challenge

Old 02-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Power Poster

I would use the one on the right in the center of my quilt/wallhanging. I would then surround it with red and white heart shaped doily blocks. I have seen a quilt where they used white cotton crochet doilys from the $ store. I think they were the oval ones and you cut the round part at each end at an angle and seamed them back together to form a heart. They used 2 rectangles of red fabric behind the heart halves that they sewed into the same center seam. They then machine sewed the doily outline shape down to the red to form the blocks. I think they would look nice surrounding your panel center.
Your panels would also look cute surrounded by the little candy hearts with the messages. Maybe you could do the asymmetrical setting of one big panel with a row of smaller squares at one side and on the bottom. Whatever you decide will look nice because your panel is cute!
Old 02-19-2012, 06:54 PM

Default Panel Challenge

I've seen so many amazing quilts that started with panels. Here are a couple that I have done.
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   074.jpg  
Old 02-19-2012, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
The challenge is to do "something creative" with a panel. The panel is your choice. I went to a small quilt show and shop hop Friday and saw a Valentine panel in one of the vendor's shop. I have a whole lot of Valentine fabric and decided the panel would be a way to kill two quilts with one challenge. Good thing it's not due until October since I don't have the slightest clue what I'm going to do!!

This is the panel. What to do? What to do!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]313499[/ATTACH]

What size is each section? It's so cute that I'd almost be tempted to make a scrap book or photo album or something that would show off the pieces 24/7.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:52 PM

What about making the one on the left into the fronts of 15 cards that open up to valentines inside. They could be held closed with buttons or beads and you could use the other panel plus your spare fabrics for the inside parts.