Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Panels ??

Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    We carry a LOT of panels:

http://www.favoritefabric.com/cgi/co...el_fabric.html

You may like the "Golden Angel Panel":
    This is a beautiful panel.

Michael Miller site has fairies in panels, so maybe they have other suitable panels as well.I make quilts for our palliative care hospital and I use native flower prints - just a suggestion if you don't have success finding panels.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by debbieoh
    I know I was coming to the right place to ask LOL!!! Here's a top I just finished. Taking it tomorrow for size wise.
    HONEST opinions please you won't hurt my feelings
    This is lovely and I would be honored for my family member to be covered in something like this. Hospice is such a caring place to be in the last hours. I had an aunt there and they are so thoughtful of the families. You are doing a great thing.

Google Peasedove material... Simple lines will do for quilting, or x's... not sure of the term for them. So thoughtful and so nice.. hospice is the greatest.. luck to you

Your quilt is great. Our Walmart used to have nice panels, but theywere wildlife, animals, not sure if thats something you could use?

Does anyone know of a website that offer fabric panels? I offered to make 4 to 6 quilts for the hospice I volunteer at.
    They will be used in the last hours of a patients life. I really believe they would make a sad experience for the fa,ily a bit more peaceful if there loved one was covered with a quilt than a hospital sheet.
    I thought if I could find suitable Panels I could use them as the center and put quilt squares around it with a solid border.
    I went to Joanne's the only place to buy fabric around here. What a disappointment. No Panels, no fabric with angels or peace doves.
    Any ideas would be appreciated . Unfortunitly cost has to be considered . So if you have any ideas who sells panels, or suitable fabric Would love your ideas.
    I have a embroidery machine BUT my machine doesn't do larger designs its a cheapie but a goody LOL!!.
    I plan to enlarge a peace Dove our Hospice uses and applicate a large panel for one of the quilts. If it looks ok will make a couple with squares surrounding it. what do you Think.
    PLEASE be honest. I want them to bring peace to the families
    THANKS
    Debbie

Forgot I'm not the best quilter in the world so any easy quilting idea's also would help. Great at making the tops but man quilting is somethiing else
    Dear Debbie, I have compliment you for the effort... I am a former Hospice Volunteer Director, and know the jester is so appreciated.... I did have a few volunteers who made quilts for the patients and the families cherished the quilts when their loved one passed.... Your quilts do not have to be Fancy or large....We found the Lap size throws were just perfect! be sure you label them with the info representing the Hospice. I also had Volunteers who made just the Labels...this was a project on its own...some of the quilts were as simple as can be of just 9 patch, and some had focal 9" block flower, landscape, etc, as well as a few that were "Male" themes... I am so sure your Vol. Coord. will appreciate them as well as the families.... Another suggestion are the Prayer shawls.. they went well for the purpose as well.
    Hope I didn't ramble too much... i loved my job, because I never looked at it as a job. , came to a passionate Love for the family as well as being able to be in oneslast moments of their life..
    Here is another hint for you that worked well for my volunteers.... wear you Hospice Vol. Name tag, have the Volunteer Coord. make you Bussiness cards, so when you go to the LFS or your LQS, ask if they will offer a discount for the yardage you will be buying....Joann's Hancock's always gave us a disc... I so love your gift of giving. Bless you, your Heart, and your hands...<3

Perfect for the cause!!!

Blank Textiles had a panel - 23rd Psalm - available a few years ago. What if you tried contacting them to see if they might have any left to donate to the cause?

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter'sNook
    Blank Textiles had a panel - 23rd Psalm - available a few years ago. What if you tried contacting them to see if they might have any left to donate to the cause?
    This was a collection called "Name Above All Names". It has long since gone out of print... if Blank had any more left, I'd still be buying it for the shop!

also try fabric.com. I get panels from there quite often.

Blog Entries
    I bought one of these panels from quiltknit.com--it is beautiful and looks better in person than on the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by sidmona
    http://www.quiltknit.com/Fabric-Panels_c_699-1-4.html

this site has an angel pattern panel

also try nancysfabrics.com. They have a few to select from.

Quote Originally Posted by purplemem
    marshall dry goods has a lot of panels for $3.99. sometimes they have a religious section, also.

www.marshalldrygoods.com

ebay has 4,700 panels:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
    Thanks for the tip
    :-D

Equilter.com has a lot of panels also. about $6-8 a panel. all you need to do is search on a subject and they usually have it. She is based out of Colorado Springs. Nice fabric, good quality stuff, fast shipping and she supports many charities.

If you can find a blue sky/clouds fabric, that might work. Also, prints with butterflies.

I went to an amish shop the other day and they have quilt tops that are already pieced, you have to add backing and batting. Don't know about angel fabric though, I didn't see any. I bought an Amazing Grace panel a few years ago (can't remember if it was at Joann's or a private shop). It has Jesus looking down on a scene with angels, and sheep in a pasture with a bridge and brook.

Dear Heart, it is wonderful that you are doing this for the hospice. I think the family will be pleased that their family member has a quilt made with love, regardless of the design. I know I would be.

Why cut the prayer out? I think it fits the occasion perfectly.

Found a perfect Panel for one quilt Now just to win the auction on ebay
    I think there is one on ebay that you buy it now.

Banned
    Not to thwart anybody's wonderful kindness in making quilts for hospice patients, but it's good to remember that not everyone in Hospice is a Christian and not everybody nor their families might appreciate quilts with angels, Christian prayers, or other overtly religious themes. For example, patients might be Jewish, Hindu, Muslim or just folks who are not religious at all. Lovely quilts are for sure going to be appreciated but this is just something that occurred to me.

Beautiful idea!

Does anyone know of a website that offer fabric panels? I offered to make 4 to 6 quilts for the hospice I volunteer at.
    They will be used in the last hours of a patients life. I really believe they would make a sad experience for the fa,ily a bit more peaceful if there loved one was covered with a quilt than a hospital sheet.
    I thought if I could find suitable Panels I could use them as the center and put quilt squares around it with a solid border.
    I went to Joanne's the only place to buy fabric around here. What a disappointment. No Panels, no fabric with angels or peace doves.
    Any ideas would be appreciated . Unfortunitly cost has to be considered . So if you have any ideas who sells panels, or suitable fabric Would love your ideas.
    I have a embroidery machine BUT my machine doesn't do larger designs its a cheapie but a goody LOL!!.
    I plan to enlarge a peace Dove our Hospice uses and applicate a large panel for one of the quilts. If it looks ok will make a couple with squares surrounding it. what do you Think.
    PLEASE be honest. I want them to bring peace to the families
    THANKS
    Debbie

Forgot I'm not the best quilter in the world so any easy quilting idea's also would help. Great at making the tops but man quilting is somethiing else
    Go to http://stores.ebay.com/Glitzy-Girlz-...=p4634.c0.m322 You can just copy and paste the above site and it will take you to the gal that has panels for sale. Great prices and no matter how much you buy shipping is no more than $3.99

http://www.favoritefabric.com/cgi/co..._patterns.html

This site has free patterns but also some really nice panels that men would appreciate, as well as an angel quilt.

i got most of my panels at ebay just put in fabric panels they were all delivered promptly and i got good prices just watch the sizes i got 2 that were a little smaller than i thought they would be but i made them work i have some of the ones i made for christmas posted here these are aall from ebay.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-108520-1.htm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast