Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Panels ?? >

Panels ??

Panels ??

Old 03-24-2011, 06:47 AM

Try this site: http://www.jerisquiltpatch.com/onlypanels.html. There might be some that you can use. Love and God's blessing, Quilting Joan
Old 03-24-2011, 06:47 AM

Keepsakequilting.com or Marshalls.com both have Panels. I think either would have what you are looking for.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by danade
Not to thwart anybody's wonderful kindness in making quilts for hospice patients, but it's good to remember that not everyone in Hospice is a Christian and not everybody nor their families might appreciate quilts with angels, Christian prayers, or other overtly religious themes. For example, patients might be Jewish, Hindu, Muslim or just folks who are not religious at all. Lovely quilts are for sure going to be appreciated but this is just something that occurred to me.
I do realize this thats why I'm also looking for sceanic ones
Old 03-24-2011, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by angieh1964
i got most of my panels at ebay just put in fabric panels they were all delivered promptly and i got good prices just watch the sizes i got 2 that were a little smaller than i thought they would be but i made them work i have some of the ones i made for christmas posted here these are aall from ebay.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-108520-1.htm
Love the butterfly one I could applique Doves over the rail frence blocks. Boy I'm going to be one busy block maker LOL!! but it will be worth it.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by quilter2theend
I went to an amish shop the other day and they have quilt tops that are already pieced, you have to add backing and batting. Don't know about angel fabric though, I didn't see any. I bought an Amazing Grace panel a few years ago (can't remember if it was at Joann's or a private shop). It has Jesus looking down on a scene with angels, and sheep in a pasture with a bridge and brook.
Great idea BUT I know I can't afford to buy ready make quilt tops . It sure would make things go fast if I could.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:07 AM

fabricdepot.com has panels as well as beautiful and unusual fabric.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by lalaland
On the construction, if you want to do something simple that really looks nice, make an envelope quilt. You can use batting, or not, right sides together sew around the perimeter, leaving an opening, then turn right side out, sew the opening shut, then run 2 rows of stitches vertically to anchor the batting so it won't shift.

I measure the width of the quilt, divide by 3, then sew the lines at the 1/3 mark. So, if the width is 12", divide by 3 is 4", so I sew a line 4" in from the left side and the right side.

It's very simple, it looks nice, you can do it quickly, and they wear extremely well.

Also, on panels, look for pillow panels as well. You can cut them and arrange them on a quilt with borders. Here's an envelope quilt I did using pillow panels.
Thanks since I am a horrible quilter this sounds easy enough for even me to do.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by pbreon
Originally Posted by debbieoh
Does anyone know of a website that offer fabric panels? I offered to make 4 to 6 quilts for the hospice I volunteer at.
They will be used in the last hours of a patients life. I really believe they would make a sad experience for the fa,ily a bit more peaceful if there loved one was covered with a quilt than a hospital sheet.
I thought if I could find suitable Panels I could use them as the center and put quilt squares around it with a solid border.
I went to Joanne's the only place to buy fabric around here. What a disappointment. No Panels, no fabric with angels or peace doves.
Any ideas would be appreciated . Unfortunitly cost has to be considered . So if you have any ideas who sells panels, or suitable fabric Would love your ideas.
I have a embroidery machine BUT my machine doesn't do larger designs its a cheapie but a goody LOL!!.
I plan to enlarge a peace Dove our Hospice uses and applicate a large panel for one of the quilts. If it looks ok will make a couple with squares surrounding it. what do you Think.
PLEASE be honest. I want them to bring peace to the families
THANKS
Debbie

Forgot I'm not the best quilter in the world so any easy quilting idea's also would help. Great at making the tops but man quilting is somethiing else
Dear Debbie, I have compliment you for the effort... I am a former Hospice Volunteer Director, and know the jester is so appreciated.... I did have a few volunteers who made quilts for the patients and the families cherished the quilts when their loved one passed.... Your quilts do not have to be Fancy or large....We found the Lap size throws were just perfect! be sure you label them with the info representing the Hospice. I also had Volunteers who made just the Labels...this was a project on its own...some of the quilts were as simple as can be of just 9 patch, and some had focal 9" block flower, landscape, etc, as well as a few that were "Male" themes... I am so sure your Vol. Coord. will appreciate them as well as the families.... Another suggestion are the Prayer shawls.. they went well for the purpose as well.
Hope I didn't ramble too much... i loved my job, because I never looked at it as a job. , came to a passionate Love for the family as well as being able to be in oneslast moments of their life..
Here is another hint for you that worked well for my volunteers.... wear you Hospice Vol. Name tag, have the Volunteer Coord. make you Bussiness cards, so when you go to the LFS or your LQS, ask if they will offer a discount for the yardage you will be buying....Joann's Hancock's always gave us a disc... I so love your gift of giving. Bless you, your Heart, and your hands...<3
Thank you for your kind words. Volunteering for Hospice is so so rewarding. I cared for my MIL and Aunt and guess that bepared me for it.
The families need the extra care as well as the patient. I am also a blue Moon volunteer. For people who don't know what that is its someone who sits with someone in their last hours that has no family or family can't be there for some reason. That way they are not alone.
alot of People don't understand how I can do it but believe me the peace that surrounds you is unbelieveable.
I have a cheapie embroidery machine and believe it or not I've already designed a few labels I think I'll be using. They are just on paper but want to first get some quilts done.
my Dream is to complete 14. 1 for each of the rooms at the center. Going to take awhile but its something I want to do.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:20 AM

You can find panels on equilter.com by putting in panels in the search box. :-)
Old 03-24-2011, 08:25 AM

I have been trying to post the pictures of the panels and I can't get them to post. Sorry. I'll keep trying.
They both are pictures of the Nativity scene , one is a darker background and the other is a closer up picture.