Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Panels >

Panels

Panels

Old 10-09-2018, 06:57 AM

I will be watching this thread as I have a Call of the Wild panel to make for my grandson and I have never used panels before so I will anxiously be reading what everyone suggests. Any help will be considered.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:19 AM

Some of the panels that I have used have been specially bought for a purpose..some Christmas ones have been for gifts as wall hangings and others have been for baby quilts and on those I have added borders to make them at least 45" x 54". I have quilted the Christmas ones by outlining the designs in silver or gold thread and the baby ones edge to edge on the longarm.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:44 AM

Default My first panel effort

I'm not much for posting unfinished items, but this is relevant to the discussion. I simply fell in love with this panel and had to do something with it. After hanging it in my studio since May, I decided to encase it in blocks. I haven't quilted it yet, but will do that very soon. My first experience with a panel was that it takes a while to decide what your particular panel should become and that once that is done, it is a nice way to create something different and interesting.
Attached Thumbnails spirit-horse.jpg  
Old 10-09-2018, 07:54 AM

There is a panel section in our quilt gallery. https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums18180.html
Old 10-10-2018, 02:13 AM

Red face Panel made the simplest way!

This Halloween Panel was fun and fast. I didn't add borders because I liked the size for a wall hanging. I had fun using decorative stitches and adding embellishments. Have fun making your projects and explore the many ways you can change the look and size of a panel quilt/wall-hanging.
Attached Thumbnails dsc01102.jpg  
Old 10-11-2018, 05:28 AM

Go to Jordan Fabric and watch her video on her Panel wall hanging I made several and they are really pretty, and pretty easy to make.