Pansy KAleidoscope Quilt Top >

Pansy KAleidoscope Quilt Top

Pansy KAleidoscope Quilt Top

Old 05-13-2009, 09:51 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MeginMurphy
wow...beautiful!
Thanks Megin, and welcome to the board! Why don't you go post in 'Introduce Yourself' so everyone can say hi!

I'm honoured that your very first message was to say something nice to ME though! :D

K x
Old 05-13-2009, 10:07 AM

Ahhh yes, Janstar, your OBW quilts have the darker backgrounds like the book. Your quilts are also gorgeous. Now wishing more than ever that I knew how to make one, then another one and another.

warm quilt hugs, sue
Old 05-13-2009, 10:12 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Yes, Jan's are EXACTLY how I want mine to look, and dunster's if you look higher! Give it a go - you CAN do it, if I can, anyone can!

K x
Old 05-13-2009, 12:28 PM

I think the border will make the colors in the quilt SNAP!
Old 05-13-2009, 12:30 PM

If you don't use the original fabric in the border, maybe yu could put some on the back, so you have a 'record' of how it started out.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:35 PM

Dunster, your quilt is gorgeous, too. I had to look carefully to see dogs! I have the book, but I haven't made a quilt yet. Eager to do one. I'm happy to hear the advice from the 2 of you about using a large scale print or one with a lot of different things going on in it.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:51 PM

I LOVE the OBW with the tiger! I hadn't thought of fussy cutting an occasional block. What a brilliant idea!
Old 05-13-2009, 04:19 PM

I think your quilt is BEAUTIFUL! It is a watercolor masterpiece. I've wanted to try one of these since I saw one last year and your quilt has brought this quilt much closer to the top of my list. I tend to choose a deep color from the print and use that as a border. You may even want to do more than one border using graduated colors and then bind with the darkest. Are you quilting it yourself or having it done.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:20 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

Originally Posted by k3n
Nancy, thanks! That's what fascinates me - how a fabric can be completely deconstructed and turned into something else, which is why I was a bit dissappointed with my pansies. But I am learning to love it for what it is and will hope for a more 'authentic' effect with the next one!

K x
K3N - your quilt is lovely but sometimes we have a picture in our head when making a quilt and then when it doesnt turn out how we thought it would we get disappointed. Put it away for awhile and then get it out again and i am sure you will love it...
All the quilts pictured here are lovely and thanks to those ladies who also posted pictures of the fabric before making the quilt. i have been thinking of making one of these but i am so color challenged and have so much trouble picking out the fabric that i always talk myself out of starting...
Old 05-13-2009, 11:27 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Overlander
I think your quilt is BEAUTIFUL! It is a watercolor masterpiece. I've wanted to try one of these since I saw one last year and your quilt has brought this quilt much closer to the top of my list. I tend to choose a deep color from the print and use that as a border. You may even want to do more than one border using graduated colors and then bind with the darkest. Are you quilting it yourself or having it done.
Thankyou Overlander, Joanne and blahel!

Overlander, I will hand quilt it myself. I've just ordered some light cotton batting for it - when I had it laid out on our bed to show DH, I thought, wow, it looks OK there! I am in the process of hand quilting a 9p and appliqué hearts quilt with wool batting and flannel backing for our bed, which will be nice for winter so I figured this could be our summer quilt! How posh are we, a quilt for all seasons! :D

I'll go and take a pic of the top with the borders on right now!

K x