Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pantry Quilt

NICE prints! Can't wait to see what you do with it!
    Being skinny isn't easy, so I gave up and opted for being sexy instead. (aunty acid)

Quote Originally Posted by sew_southern View Post
    I have also been collecting for one of those quilts, but I want to do baskets instead of jars. Seems to me vegetables & fruits would look better in baskets like at a farmers market. I'm just waiting to find a pattern for the baskets or I'll just use the the basket fabric as sashing around each produce square. Would really love to find a cute pattern first though.
    There are lots of nice patterns online. Here are a couple I found: http://quilting.about.com/od/blockof...wer_basket.htm (this one sounds like what you were talking about), http://www.paperpanache.com/free/tuopen.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Deborahlees View Post
    What a super great idea....I purchased a fat quarter pack from Missouri Star Quilt Co. to make a cute wall hanging of a rabbit and watering can wall hanging....now I know what I can make with the left over fabric...
    I see a lot of food fabric in Hancock fabric, I could not figure out for the life of me what to do with it. They had it marked down to $2.50 per yard at one time.

You have some pretty nice fabric. Would love to make my mother one of those.

How cool! Just today I visited my Amish neighbor to see the canning quilt she was making. She had already made three and was piecing the fourth. It was really different. I had no idea that they were so popular. Wait til I tell her it was discussed on the computer.

Your quilt will be very pretty, I'm sure. As for me I have no desire to make a jar quilt. I enjoy looking at everyone's quilts.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashana View Post
    Love your quote !!
    What a cool idea to make .. ahhh so many patterns so little time right now !LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Now if I was looking at a pantry quilt, I would want to be cooking and if I am cooking (my first? love) how would I have time to quilt? And boy, oh boy, would my weight suffer (more) if I were cooking. Guess there will be NO pantry quilts in my future but have fun making yours. I do like the finished pantry quilts even if they do want to make me get in the kitchen.

I had never seen or heard of a pantry quilt but I had recently purchased a couple of bundles of the same veggies you posted above for a wall hanging. Your thread made me run right out yesterday and buy 1/4 yard each of all the veggies I could find at a LQS. I love this pattern! Thank you so much for the inspiration!
    Enjoy your day,
    Jan used to be in FL when she chose this user name

A fat quarter is not a body part!

Your fabrics are great!! Post a picture when you finish.

Here is one I made for my Uncle with a very similar fabric pack. It was a blast to make and he just adores it. A board member made the quilt label (center bottom row: Uncle Joe's Puttin' Up Stuff) as jar on the light blue fabric I sent her and all the little labels for the other jar that say "Uncle Joe's".
    Name:  UJ's Puttin Up Stuff.JPG
Views: 168
Size:  113.3 KB
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

WOW I've been collecting these fabrics too!! But I'm going to make a quilt my friend make it's called Summer Fixings. I never realized there's so many different fruit & veggie fabrics out there!! Good luck. Please post a picture I sure would like to see it.
    Be kinder than necessary,everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Blog Entries
    Look forward to seeing your quilt... love the fabrics you have...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2