Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Paper Piecing is Exausting >

Paper Piecing is Exausting

Paper Piecing is Exausting

Old 02-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Dee

Tried it once and don't know if I'll do it again.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:52 AM

Personally, I love paper piecing because it makes your blocks so accurate. FYI, if you have Fons & Porter's current series of quilting shows on your PBS station, Marianne & her daughter, Mary, have been doing a couple of shows featuring paper piecing. One is episode 1706 "Perfect Flying Geese" & the other is 1707 "Pineapple Salsa". The whole series will be available to buy on DVD in a few months. You might check with your local PBS station to see if & when they are showing Fons & Porter.
Mary Louise in OKC :-)
Old 02-28-2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by mloquilts
Personally, I love paper piecing because it makes your blocks so accurate. FYI, if you have Fons & Porter's current series of quilting shows on your PBS station, Marianne & her daughter, Mary, have been doing a couple of shows featuring paper piecing. One is episode 1706 "Perfect Flying Geese" & the other is 1707 "Pineapple Salsa". The whole series will be available to buy on DVD in a few months. You might check with your local PBS station to see if & when they are showing Fons & Porter.
Thank you for this. I don't find "Fons & Porter" listed under PBS. Do they have another name for their show?
Old 02-28-2011, 10:15 AM

I love paper piecing but it does have some waste fabric. Also when you start pulling the paper out it is messy. I will put up with that for perfect points!! :lol:
Old 02-28-2011, 03:02 PM

I don't know of any other name for their show. You might call your Public TV station to see if they carry it. Ours here in Oklahoma City is on Sat. morning at 8am. One thing I forgot to mention before is that they featured a product that they use to put the pattern on that is fairly transparent & that will wash away so that you don't have to tear away any paper. Is that clear as mud? :roll: I have recorded their Pineapple Salsa show & can look at it again to see what the product is & where to get it. Definitely I plan to get some before I try another paper piecing project.
ML in OKC
Old 02-28-2011, 03:16 PM

Paper piecing is worth all the trouble.....or at least I thinks so. :D
Old 02-28-2011, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ceil
Originally Posted by mloquilts
Thank you for this. I don't find "Fons & Porter" listed under PBS. Do they have another name for their show?
"Love of Quilting" is the name of the show.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:35 PM

I just started doing paper piecing and love the outcome.
I still have a lot more to do but am getting a good start.
I started on Carol Doaks patterns and want to do enough to do a different block for each one.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by wolf3349
I started on Carol Doaks patterns and want to do enough to do a different block for each one.
I rented Carol Doak's video from Smartflix and she made it easily understandable. She has lots of free patterns both on her site and in her Yahoo group.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:38 AM

When I paper piece I have a mess knee deep, but sure do enjoy the out come of the entire process ... lol