Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Paper Piecing >

Paper Piecing

Paper Piecing

Old 11-04-2011, 03:44 AM

Go to 'Quilt Blocks Galore' . They have blocks in every size and every method. Careful - it's for personal use only but hundreds of blocks.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:52 AM

I took a class a number of years ago and got about 3 blocks stitched. Had to put it away and it sat in the clear plastic box for 8 years. Finally got it out and finished it this year. PP makes lovely points and precise edges. What I don't like is removing the paper....takes almost as long as making the top. I did finish the quilt and it really looks good, but Not ready to start another at this time but probably will in the future.
Good luck and hope you enjoy the class.
Hugs
Old 11-04-2011, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by mhansen6 View Post
I love the look of paper piecing but I HATE taking the paper off. Has anyone found a way to get the paper off easier? I do reduce my stitch length.
I also love paper piecing. I have found if you use a moistened q-tip to run along the seam it dissolves the paper and makes it easier to tear off.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:37 AM

I took a class a few weeks ago and I love it!!
Old 11-04-2011, 05:00 AM
Power Poster

Carol Doak has lots of fun ones, also www.paperpanache.com. Lots of freebies out there, you just hafta look~
Old 11-04-2011, 05:01 AM

I find that QuiltersCache, Marcia Hohn's site, has the most quilt blocks and even notes which ones are PP when you look at the alphabetical listing of the block names. She has an incredible assortment of traditional and original blocks, plus at least one photo of the block (and sometimes quilts or wallhangings) besides all her marvelous graphics. There are detailed instructions and fabric requirements noted on most of them, plus a bunch of tutorials. AND she does a great blog, "Letters From Mama Bear" - I just wish she would archive them, they are so interesting! Check it out.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by margie77072 View Post
Here are a few I use:
piecebynumber.com
quiltiger.homip.net
quilterscache.com
sewhooked.com
paperpanache.com
yarn-or-fabric.weebly.com/paper-piecing-tutorial-links.html

I don't know how to make them into links.
Thanks for the sites. Love PP. Will check out these sites.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:51 AM

Ok.. Now I ADMIT to be a bit spazzy at times, but as much as PP fascinates I about had a heart attack in my first lesson...LOL My friend just showed me this last week and I looked at her and said "OH SURE.. this looks EASY if you're DYSLEXIC AND INSANE"...LOL I may have started on a block that is WAYY TOO advanced. Maybe a DIFFERENT teacher could get me thinking about it easier.. I just know.. I was laughing at my inability to get this concept. I finally looked at my girlfriend and accused her of being a BAD TEACHER. She was enjoying my lamenting a weee bit toooo much. We had a great laugh.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:52 AM

I just almost finished my first paper piecing quilt top. I just need to sash the outside edge. I did the Dresden plates in bright jewel colors. You have to like to handsew. Go to www.paperpieces.com. They have patterns, and seem to have regular sales. I bought one pattern for a penny. Their patterns contain all the paper pieces and instructions--you just supply fabric. I have two more to do now.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:55 AM

I have only done 2 pp projects, and I really enjoyed doing them. Got brave and purchased Carol Doak's Mariner Compass ! This is my New year project.