Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Parchment paper >

Parchment paper

Parchment paper

Old 02-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Power Poster

I use it to make baklava. YUMMY!!

WRONG- I'm talking about phyllo dough- sorry!!
Old 02-26-2011, 06:50 PM

I have found the waxed paper from Dollar General has so little wax on it, it makes a good substitute for parchment paper at much reduced price.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:56 PM

At our local grocery store they sell the rolls of parchment paper, which is fine for baking cookies. But my son cooks other things and cuts the parchment out in the shape of the bottom of the pan he uses. So I go to the deli counter and ask for their parchment paper (commercial grade and twice as wide), they have always given it to me for free.

It works great under my glue gun projects, too.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:01 PM

yes it makes a good applique sheet or good for piping icing onto cakes. You roll it up and insert a tip and fill with icing.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:55 AM

Here's a $1.00 coupon for Reynolds Parchment Paper. http://www.reynoldspkg.com/reynoldsk...parchment.aspx
Old 04-26-2011, 11:29 AM

Thank you so much! I've been watching that Extreme Couponing here lately, and have started collecting coupons again. I'll never be as good as some of the ones on there (not sure I want to spend THAT much time on couponing) but I used to save a pretty good bit. I think my best was $60 worth of items for about thirty something cents. Not bad. And since I bake alot now, I recently found out how much easier parchment paper makes cookie baking. Working between two cookie sheets, making batch after batch, and no cleanup in between. And they slide right off the parchment after cooling. Wonderfully easy. Love it! Thanks again!
Old 04-26-2011, 11:38 AM

If you live near a GFS you can get a pkg of 100 for about 3.50. I cut them in half for my baking sheets and they last forever. they are great for ironing anything with fusubl web as others have mentioned.Much cheaper than buying the special applique ironing sheet.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:56 AM

Oh....I love parchment paper! Nothing sticks to it. I use it for crafts as well as cooking.

FYI - to impress family and friends, make parchment wrapped fish (my favorite is salmon). Easy, easy dinner that presents well on the plate! Was going to try to give instructions, but this video explains it well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH622fN-peo
Old 04-26-2011, 11:58 AM

Forgot to mention - Salmon with shredded leeks, black olive slices, and feta cheese....it's amazing!
Old 04-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

I staple parchment together to make a baking bag for salmon, and other delicate baking meats. I use it to line all my baking pans. I buy more parchment paper then foil. I buy it by the case in pre cut baking sheet size from a restaurant supply store. One case will last me for several years now that I don't bake as much. Wax paper will burn in the oven never line a cookie pan with it. A cake pan liner from wax paper will work, as long as the paper is completely covered in batter. For small parchment paper uses, use the muffin tin liners flatten out.