Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Parchment paper >

Parchment paper

Parchment paper

Old 07-16-2011, 04:10 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

Originally Posted by Doreen
My sewing room is beginning to look like a kitchen, parchment paper, baggies, bag clips, round plates and such.
Don't forget freezer paper, old spice jars to hold small stuff, and of course the ol' coffee mug.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by suebee
Originally Posted by Grammashel
One day I accidently grabbed a piece of parchment paper instead of a release paper, used it before I noticed and it worked great. Now that's become part of my quilting supplies.
What do mean "release paper" ? have you ever tried in your printer to print out paper piece patterns??
I do lots of PP and have tried all kinds of paper. I don't think the parchment would work because the ink wouldn't adhere to the finish. I use the cheapest copy paper WM sells.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:39 AM

Boy will have to go to the store I have never tried this been sewing & quilting a long time>>>>>>>>>>>> Never to old to learn love this blog
Old 07-16-2011, 04:53 AM

Great ideas!!
Old 07-16-2011, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by mar32428
Originally Posted by Grammashel
One day I accidently grabbed a piece of parchment paper instead of a release paper, used it before I noticed and it worked great. Now that's become part of my quilting supplies.
What do mean "release paper" ? have you ever tried in your printer to print out paper piece patterns??
I do lots of PP and have tried all kinds of paper. I don't think the parchment would work because the ink wouldn't adhere to the finish. I use the cheapest copy paper WM sells.

I picked up some cheap prnter paper from Big Lots. The kind with designs on them . These had cats. I find its easier to tear than regular white paper no matter how cheap .
Old 07-16-2011, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by quilter68
Yes, that is the paper. Any grocery store will have it.
Hmmm, I wonder if you can run it thru an inkjet printer?? Anyone know??
Not sure if the ink would smear on the way through. For what purpose do you want to print on parchment paper?
Old 07-16-2011, 05:14 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilter68
Yes, that is the paper. Any grocery store will have it.
And I use it. It is handy. i always know where it is and my husband doesn't mistake it for a piece of junk and throw it away. They get helpful at the most inappropriate times
Old 07-16-2011, 05:18 AM

I used parchment paper when I did a Celtic Knot wall hanging. Traced the pattern on parchment, then lightly ironed my bias strips to the pattern. When I was finished, I could gently pick up the whole piece and position it on the fabric. Because of the over/under action that is part of the design and ironing (as I constructed it), the celtic knot was pretty much done. Nothing stuck to it and it was easy to adjust as needed. This is a link to a previous post (with pictures).

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-62229-2.htm#1519028
Old 07-16-2011, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by psquared52
I used parchment paper when I did a Celtic Knot wall hanging. Traced the pattern on parchment, then lightly ironed my bias strips to the pattern. When I was finished, I could gently pick up the whole piece and position it on the fabric. Because of the over/under action that is part of the design and ironing (as I constructed it), the celtic knot was pretty much done. Nothing stuck to it and it was easy to adjust as needed. This is a picture of the finished product.
WHERE ARE YOU?
Old 07-16-2011, 05:29 AM

San Antonio, TX. Drinking coffee and reading the board. My favorite time of the day!